Hotwire Hotel: 4* Savannah (Hilton Head Island) Marriott Resort and Spa

smmkpm
By smmkpm,
in

I would prefer to bid on Priceline and hope for the Marriott or Hilton but since I am not seeing anyone showing the Marriott or Hilton I am a bit unsure as to what to bid.

Went to Hotwire and got the following for $121 for June 19-25:

4-star hotel in Hilton Head Island

This hotel features the following amenities:

Beachfront

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Any help with IDing this one?

Thanks!

Your first post was in the "How Does This Board Work" forum so i've deleted that thread and we'll use this one to assist with your upcoming stay.

The property above is a match for the Marriott Resort and Spa so that would be my best guess.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid yesterday and today after seeing winning bids at $60 for the same week but wasn't successful at $60, $65, $70, or $75 for resort accommodations 6/20-25 (actually changed to 6/19-24 at one point just to see if that would help but it didn't).

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll edit the topic title accordingly and move the entire thread to that section of the board.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're familiar with the property and looking forward to your return visit.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

I really sorry I couldn't have helped you out sooner, it took me several days of bidding on priceline to get the Marriott for $89 on 6/20 - 6/26, and even then I was sure that I would get stuck with the Crown. $119 is still well worth it for this property, my wife and I love it! I highly recommend going to the deck early to get one of the dozen ocean-view chairs under the umbrellas, they are the best.

So happy you were able to get a great price at the Marriott, juggafun! I could kick myself for giving up on PRICELINE as I know that they are the best!

I contacted HOTWIRE due to their "Low Price Guarantee" but they refused to refund the $30 more a night that we are paying for the same hotel and same dates stating, "After reviewing the information you submitted, we have determined that you are not eligible for a refund under the Low Price Guarantee, because the rate you provided was a special bidding rate that was not available to the general public."

Not sure how PRICELINE is not available to the general public since any one can get online and bid!

I learned a good lesson....Be patient. PRICELINE is usually the very best way to go for a best room at a best price! I don't plan on using HOTWIRE again.

However, we are pleased to be at the Marriott as well and look forward to our trip! ;-)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]