Hotwire Hotel: 4* Detroit (Southfield) Westin Southfield

Little Time
By Little Time,
in

Westin is the only 4* in this zone so when I saw it on the HOTWIRE link and the amenities perfectly matched the board provided list, it seemed pretty certain. Listed on Westins website for $87

Tried to get it cheaper with PRICELINE bidding up from $45 to $55 before I ran out of zones to bid. Wanted the certainty of this hotel, so I didnt want to continue bidding with less stars. $12 saved is $12 earned....love the board, thanks!

Greetings, tried to bid Priceline today for a Detroit hotel. I was trying for the Westin Southfield (failed but got it on Hotwire).

The Zones offered for bidding were:

Detroit Airport

Detroit Dearborn

Detroit Downtown

Detroit Southfield

Detroit Taylor/Southgate

I thought I would mention this, as I don't think Taylor/Southgate is on the Michigan Priceline list of hotels and may be a new zone?

I wish the 5 Detroit Northwest zones and the Detroit Suburbs zones were biddable in trying for a Detroit hotel, as it would significantly increase the number of free rebids in trying for the 4* hotels (since there aren't any in those zones)!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

I don't know if Taylor/Southgate is a new zone for this region or if we just haven't seen anyone win in this zone yet... not exactly the most visited/touristy area :)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nice Stay last night at the Westin Southfield...its just off Highway 10- the lodge.

Amenities at purchase were:

Smoke free

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business center

Hi speed internet

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

Since the setting is pretty urban I am skeptical about golf and tennis nearby, but I do not know....and true about Taylor/Southgate not being a tourist hotbed. Even without any reports, I assumed this was a free rebid for 4*

Even without any reports, I assumed this was a free rebid for 4*

DON"T use the hotel lists or previous reports to determine your re-bid zones... use the technique(s) discussed in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the information in the link above.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]