Hotwire Hotel: Need a DC hotel for next week

dch123
By dch123,
in

Help please. I decided last minute to take my daughter to the Taylor Swift concert next week in DC. The concert is at the Verizon Center. My hubby and 5-year son are coming to DC, but they will not go to the concert. The next day we would like to go to some museums. I have booked hotels through HOTWIRE, using your link here. This forum has been so helpful in the past, I only had to read some threads and never even had to post. Anyway, there is a 3* hotel in Embassy Row for $94. Is this a decent deal? Is this area safe? Or do you recommend somewhere else? I wasn't able to figure out which hotel it is from the previous posts and tools. It's a Boutique hotel with restaurant, business center & internet access. Any ideas? Once I am there, do you suggest taking a cab to the Verizon Center? I am nervous about taking the metro so late at night with just me (a petite woman) and my young daughter (age 9). I keep thinking this is a crazy idea, but this will be the best Birthday surprise for her! Thank you for your help.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Please post the actual date(s) of your stay? Are you searching for 2adults/2children when searching HOTWIRE?

I only had to read some threads and never even had to post.
It would have been appreciated if you did post, if not asking for help, then at least sharing your results with the board. Your win could help other users with their own plans, just as the posts of others have helped with your own :)

Let us know the date(s) of your stay and we'll have a look. Please click this HOTWIRE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property is only appearing for one of the nites above, and may not be the one offered in this zone once your plans are firm... please confirm your dates/plans and we'll try to ID what is offered at that time and you're ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

June 1 it is. I am still getting the 3 star, "Boutique" option for $94. There is also a 3.5* option at $107, but that one is only 60% recommended and the other one is 90%. I'm not sure what to expect with the 'Boutique" thing? Thanks.

This Boutique property has not yet been reported to the board, and given the only 10+ reviews by HOTWIRE users i'm guessing it is a fairly new hotel in their system.

Often 'boutique' hotels are synonymous with 'small', but given you're searching for quad occupancy there shouldn't be any problem with enough bedding for everyone. Given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating, the high percent recommended by HOTWIRE users, and that this is significantly cheaper than most of the other options for this nite, i'd be inclined to give it a shot since it's just for one nite (and i can usually deal with just about anything for one nite).

I'm guessing the 3.5* property is the Hilton Towers with a new amenity combination then seen previously, should that work for your plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]