Priceline Hotel: Bidding help please for March 11-13

flyerduck
By flyerduck,
in

I am a PL rookie, trying to get a room for the nts of March 11 & 12. Would like to be within a half mile of either the Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan neighborhood. Thus I have been bidding the Dupont Circle Zone on PL.

So far, using free re-bids etc. i have had the following bids rejected

$60 4*

$65 3*

$70 4*

$75 4*

$80 3*

My back up reservation is in Georgetown for $159, as I haven't found any decent rates in Dupont Circle (not much availability: Hilton Washington and Hilton Embassy Row are good locations for me but are both full).

Any suggestions from the experts on how to proceed?

Thanks!

The Marriott Wardman Park, within walking distance of Adams Morgan and about a mile from Dupont Circle, and just one stop away on the Metro, is showing $179. At that rate I think your $80 bid at 3* should have worked had there been availability. You could keep trying. The Omni, a short walk from the Marriott, is $299 - will probably take at least $110 if there

Thanks to both Travelguy and thereuare for the helpful info.

I will defnitely be staying in DC on those nights, my plane ticket is already paid for! If I dont get anything on PL, I will go with the backup (or anything better that turns up).

thereuare-I have read a lot of good things about the Omni, but have never stayed there. Its 0.7 miles from my favorite bar in Adams Morgan, which is reasonable (though almost 2 miles to Dupont Circle). Anyway, I think it would be fine for this trip.

Using MapQuest, I got 1.42 miles from the Omni to Dupont Circle (the actual circle as opposed the general area), and 0.86 to the Washington Hilton, about where the neighborhood begins coming from uptown. 0.67 miles to Madam's Organ in Adams Morgan :)

Hotwire is showing a 3* in Dupont Circle/Embassy Row for $90. If you're a new Hotwire customer, you could use the discount code for another $10 per night off.

I am seeing a Hotwire 3* in Dupont Circle - Embassy Row (Downtown) for $85-

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center

Anyone know what hotel this is? The Hotwire list on betterbidding shows a 3.5* Wyndham Washingston DC with the same amenities plus hi-speed internet. Could that be the one?

If I might add my two cents here. I also am looking at that area about 2 weeks later & have been considering bidding on Priceline like I usually do. So I signed up for Omni's frequest guest card & received an e-mail about a promotion. When I called to talk to a reservation agent, the promo was $175 instead of $125 because of my dates, but she then mentioned another one for my dtaes that was $125 plus breakfast for 2 everyday! Call their 800 number & find out about the Panda Promo or the Philly promo. Hope this helps.

Thanks sparks, thats a good tip. I joined the Omni Club too, just in case I get that hotel on Priceline.

I called 1-800-THE-OMNI. For my weekend, the Panda pkg is $179, and the Philly is unavailable. Panda includes free self-parking, and a free stuffed panda(!) Note that this is >$100 less per nite than anything available on the Omni website (thats the first time in ages I have found a better rate by calling the hotel).

The other pkgs she quoted were all around $300/night.

So I'm still looking for a cheap deal!

I received the Omni Select Guest pkg, and it includes a 50% off a weekend stay coupon. I called to get that 50% off rate, and they want $149/night for March 11-13. Still a bit rich for me, especially when you add $22/day for self-parking.

I found the Hotel Topaz in Dupont Circle for $134/night on their website for a AAA rate with free parking. So thats my new back-up plan.

I re-bid a couple days ago, up to $80 3* in Dupont with no takers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]