Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Arlington Heights-Elk Grove) Jameson Suites

joby
By joby,
in

Hi,

would anyone give me any suggestions on a 1 night stay in the O'Hare area after our trip? The date would be June 15 and it's for 2 adults.

We will arrive back to ORD in the early evening after a 10 day stay in Costa Rica and want to stay someplace that's clean, close to the airport and maybe has comp. breakfast. We're looking to stay as inexpensively as possible while not giving up a clean and decent place to stay.

Would HOTWIRE or PRICELINE be a better bet for us?

Would anyone hazard a guess as to what these hotels are on HOTWIRE and opinions on them:

$32/2*/ORD N/breakfast/fitness/business/laundry/hi spd. int.

$36/2.5*/Elk Grove/suite/brk/fitness/kitchen

$38/2*/ORD S/ laundry

$39/3*/ Elk Grove/brk/fitness/business/internet/golf

$44/3*/ORD S/ fit/restaurant/business/internet/golf

$54/3*/Elk Grove/non-smoking/fit/pool/restaurant/business/internet/golf

I did try to pair up what I thought were matches :) There were only 2 of the 6 listed that appeared to be matches:

$32/2*/ORD N/ -- maybe the Baymont ORD?

$54/3*/Elk Grove/ -- maybe Summerfield Suites?

I guess that's why I asked for suggestions/ideas on the results that HOTWIRE gave :)

The 2* ORD is likely the Baymont, while the 2* ORD S has not yet been ID'd. I'm guessing the 3* MAY be the Holiday Inn Elmhurst w/a different amenity set.

$54/3*/Elk Grove/non-smoking/fit/pool/restaurant/business/internet/golf

If you are seeing the above as a 3.5*, this would likely be the Sheraton Suites.

$36/2.5*/Elk Grove/suite/brk/fitness/kitchen

This has not yet been ID'd, but may be the Jameson Suites Arlington Heights (?) That would be a guess.

$39/3*/ Elk Grove/brk/fitness/business/internet/golf

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. This could be a few different possibilities, including the Wyngate Arlington Heights or the HI Express Arlington Heights. There could certainly also be other possibilities, as well.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

2 adults--June 15--1 night after flight back to ORD.

$36/2.5*/Arlington Heights-Elk Grove/suite/breakfast/fitness/kitchenette/90% recommended

Would this be the Jameson Suites hotel?

Would that be too far out of the way if we needed to go south on I-90 to travel home?

What might this be:

$39/3*/breakfast/fitness/business/internet/golf/85% recommended

Wondered if the above 2 hotels might be a better choice than this (maybe the Baymont ORD?):

$32/2*/breakfast/fitness/business/laundry/internet/85% recommended

As noted above, the Jameson would be a guess for the 2.5*; it could possibly be something else, as this listing has not yet been reported to the board/ID'd. If this was the Jameson, it's not far from I-90.

Additionally, the 3* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. This could be a few different possibilities, including the Wyngate Arlington Heights or the HI Express Arlington Heights. There could certainly also be other possibilities, as well.

Either of the above possibilities does seem like a better option for a few dollars more vs the possible Baymont.

In terms of South, you could also consider staying in Oak Brook, although prices appear cheaper in the Arlington/Elk Grove Village area on these dates.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks AaronJB for the suggestions.

I think maybe I'll give the Arlington Heights area a try. Of the 2.5* or the 3* Arlington Heights hotels, do you feel any more confident of your guess on either area? All 3 of your guesses in Arlington Heights are along the same road (Arlington Hts. Rd and easy access to I-90).

Got the Jameson Inn, Arlington Heights/Elk Grove for $36 (through the Better Bidding HOTWIRE link). Icons were: suite/breakfast/fitness/kitchenette.

It seems like a fine place to stay over night and have breakfast included the next morning. It won this award:

"Jameson Inn Rank #1 for Customer Satisfaction for 2009

Awarded Highest in Guest Satisfaction among economy hotel chains by Market Metrix Hospitality Index for the 6th year in a row."

Thanks for the help :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... looks like a good value and it's well reviewed.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us add this new amenity combination for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]