Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (CPS) Hudson Hotel

greenie
By greenie,
in

Hi - I just got a winning bid of $175 for 3.5 star Hudson Hotel in NYC. I read the reviews on tripadvisor and they are horrible. How can this be a 3.5 star hotel? Does anyone have any experience staying here? I'm staying June 4-6. I did use the link from this site to get to PRICELINE.

I have been bidding for over a week, using the rebidding practice.

I am a little panicked about this.

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

I don't agree with you. This hotel is rated 3.5/5 on Tripadvison and got MANY excellent 4 and 5 reviews so the reviews are not horrible overall. I think your focus is the bad things here. I always take the TA reviews with a grain of salt. And keep in mind with TA reviews that many of those people paid full price, which is often significantly more, and may have different expectations at those price points. And for some reason is the TA people eager to complain over ridiculous things.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

The issue with this hotel is that the rooms are notoriously small... even by NYC standards. This problem is augmented by NYC being an expensive hotel market... and when guests pay more they often expect more, and the room is not what they're expecting since it's so small (and they may have just paid more for a hotel room then they ever have before)

You can inquire about any upgrades (for a fee) that may be available at check-in, but if you can laugh at the room size, i think you'll likely find other aspects of your stay acceptable.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We recently stayed at Hudson for 5 days. Knowing about all that things about "notoriously" small rooms we asked at checkin for an upgrade - and got it for $60 per nite. Evaluate yourself if it's worth.

Regarding TA reviews I agree that they vary between worst and best - for me depending on what was expected and also on the age :) and the tolerance with other poeple. Our experience: Average Hudson guests are younger poeple. And not only the loud music, the bar and the alcohol is one of the most enjoyd things every nite. All together is not very funny for poeple who like to sleep during the nite. Conclusion: It's not always the hotel itself that makes quality - all young guys may forgive me. But on the other hand you can delight in poeple who enjoy a hotel with such flair :) sometimes only that makes the difference between one TA review and another one ...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]