Priceline Hotel: NYC Help

By 1250,
in

Hi,

I'm looking for a 4* Hotel in Manhattan, I would like to stay in the CPS, MTW, MTE, TS area, Maximum price is $200 (ex tax..).

The Le Parker Meridien, CPS is already won a couple of times for $120, but I have tried it up to $155 but they won't accept my offer....

Am I to early or should I go higher?

Thanks for all the help!

Rates in NYC during the summer are usually relatively low, but we haven't yet seen the low rates one would typically expect.

How comfortable are you not having a reservation at this point? (at what point would you begin to get a little worried) Are you able to find a decent rate at an acceptable hotel which would be fully refundable, which you could use as a back-up while you continue to try PRICELINE?

I would probably set my maximum bid at the moment at ~$150 in hopes of getting it taken care of and done with, while not chasing it too much (you can raise your maximum bid as you get closer to check-in)

At the moment i'd bid once (or twice at most) per week as follows:

At the 4* level in NYC you ahve SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* CPS, MTW, MTE, TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes... keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your reply!

At the moment I have a reservation for the Hilton New York, but I cancel that, I bought it with my Hilton HHonors points, but I would prefer to use that points for an other stay.

Why would you bid maximum twice a week?

I will follow your bidding strategy!

Thanks for all the help!

Why would you bid maximum twice a week?

... because with nearly 3 months before your stay you'll likely get frustrated (and that's when mistakes usually happen). At this point bidding twice per week should be frequent enough to catch any drop in prices.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Today I tried it again, again, didn't work out OK.

I've tried today for the MTW area, I used the following bidding strategy:

MTW - 4* - $130

MTW, Brooklyn - 4* - $140

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area - 4* - $150

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island - 4* - $150

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island, Long Island City - 4* - $150

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island, Long Island City, Upper East Side - 4* - $150

As you can see I didn't try CPS and TS because I'm not sure in which hotel I will be staying when I win it...

Do one of you got any suggestions to make a good deal... ?

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please add the date(s) of your stay to your previous Priceline NYC thread so that win can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread if you'd like help with your stay above.

• 2 weeks later...

Two days ago I tried it again, I wanted to get the Westin Times Square for $159 per night... but I couldn't get it...

So I tried TS for $159 and after that got refused I tried all the 5 re-bidding zone's.

Do you guys have any idea/tips, I become a little bit desperate...?

• 2 weeks later...

After I saw the hotel that MattRob had won, I tried again, got no lucky...

Here's my bidding strategy:

MTW - 4* - $125

MTW, Brooklyn - 4* - $140

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area - 4* - $145

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island - 4* - $150

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island, Long Island City - 4* - $160

MTW, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island, Long Island City, Upper East Side - 4* - $160

MTW, TS - 4* - $125

MTW, TS, Brooklyn - 4* - $140

MTW, TS, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area - 4* - $145

MTW, TS, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island - 4* - $150

MTW, TS, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island, Long Island City - 4* - $160

MTW, TS, Brooklyn, Chelsea Area, Coney Island, Long Island City, Upper East Side - 4* - $160

Do you guys have any tips...? Maybe I have to wait a couple of days until I go to NYC..?

If you look at Hotelscombined.com, you can see 4* hotels from about that price point. For example, the Jolly Hotel Madison Towers is available for $170/night (and you have to consider Priceline's fees). So I'd double-check there and on TravelZoo and some other sites to make sure that you aren't exceeding a reasonable threshold with your bids.

+/- $300 per night.

Today I tried it again, still got no lucky...

Went up to $150 with $10 bonus cash, but Priceline didn't accepted it... :)

I saw that the Hilton New York is won a lot for $125 per night in July, so I hope that I can get a good deal at the begin of August, I booked the hotel directly and if I decide to stay at the Hilton I pay more then $300 per night!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]