Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Center City East) Radisson Plaza Warwick

pacerfan33
By pacerfan33,
in

Hi. I'm new to the site. My wife and I are planning a trip to Philly in August and were hoping for some help in making the best decision about our hotel. We are wanting to go see all of the historical sites in the city. From looking at the rates on Hotwire for the past several days it seems like the best over all value would be to stay in Center City East in a 3.5* hotel. The price has fluctuated from $69 to $79 and now $76 per night when checking this morning. Is it possible to get any recommendations for this type of trip we are planning. Another question is, do you know if Club Quarters is still in play because my wife has stayed there in another city and didn't care for it, plus their site showed no king size beds and I am tall. I will list the ammenities from my HOTWIRE search below. Thanks in advance for your help. Any good information is appreciated.

check-in 8/15 check-out 8/20

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

This is most likely the Radisson Warwick on 17th Street & Walnut - I have stayed here & it is a lovely hotel. Older gran style hotel in the heart of center city - The historical area is about 10 blocks away but is easily walkable. The Philly Phlash shuttle bus circles the city all day for $2 a trip or $5 all day pass. The Warwick is right off Rittenhouse Square ( a lovely city park) - There are plenty of great restaurants & shopping within 1 - 2 blocks of the hotel. Have fun in Philly

Thanks BobC. I'm curious as to how you guys make your guesses on hotel rooms from HOTWIRE? How often are you succesful at hitting the exact one? When I found this site I was very excited. This type of information is so helpful when traveling. Is there any way to save on parking when staying in this area, ie. use public parking garages or what not? Thanks again.

I went through the link on this site for HOTWIRE and booked the room for the dates previously stated. It was the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel for $76/night and lists all the previously stated ammeneties as well. BobC it was very nice of you to lend your time to answer my questions and you were spot on, thanks. If anyone has any helpful suggestions about sightseeing in Philly that out of towners may not know or realize please feel free to let me know. We are planning on seeing all the historical sights plus dining of course.

I will definitely be using this site for future travel and will let my freinds know about it also. Thanks again.

Make sure that you take the time to visit the Reading Terminal Market http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/. They have every kind of food imaginable there. It is a great spot for lunch. Also most of the Stephen Starr or Jose Garces restaurants are some of the best dining in the city -

Great upscale shopping on Walnut Street between 13th & 20th street right near your hotel

Art Museum is a must see !!!

Also the Eastern State Penitentiary does tours of this great old historic prison.

Cocktails at the Ritz Carlton lobby bar is wonderful !

Have a cheese steak at Pat's or Geno's in South Philly at the Italian Market. (personally like Genos better)

The Mutter Museum is a really interesting museum of anatomical & physcal abnormalities if you are up for that kind of stuff

http://www.collphyphil.org/MUTTER.ASP

The M

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... sounds like this will work out well for your plans.

If not mentioned above, South Street is a 'fun' street to walk along with a laid back atmosphere and clientele. If you don't make it to Geno's or Pat's (try 'em both and judge for yourself :) ) there is also Jim's on South Street... a bit more commercial than the other two, but a quality steak sandwich nonetheless.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]