Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Marriott Rive Gauche

valencia
By valencia,
in

I am bidding 4* and have done several combinations starting at $80, reaching $112. I have received counteroffers from the beginning for $127-$183, depending on the zone.

I think we are close to getting a hotel, but will opt for a direct booking at a 2 star if nothing is won at $120. I am bidding individually and combining bit by bit all zones except La Defense and Bastille. There are no free rebid zones at 4* but I have managed to do 24 bids today anyway.

I am TEMPTED to drop eventually to a 3* but am not too convinced of that option.

HOTWIRE has nothing interesting right now.

I see someone else has asked for assistance for these same dates. I may check out your response there, or here if you can think of anything else.

Sounds like you're maximizing your re-bid zones and doing everything that you can... i will add that though i woul dgo up to your $120 maximum and even if rejected, try again the following day. Given that we know you're "close" at $127 (assuming that is still avialable) with the wild currency fluctuations we've been seeing lately, a bid which is rejected one day may be accepted the next, if the currency move was extreme enough (likewise something 'close' today may not be close tomorrow... so i would be trying to reach your maximum bid every day if possible)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$115 Marriott Rive Gauche May 30, 31, 1st.

Bid $95 St. Germain. Counteroffer of $127

closed browser.

Bid $100 Champs E.. counteroffer $183

New bid $115 St. G/Champs E.. accepted. By the way, it took SO long to get this last answer I almost thought the computer/website was going loco...

Lowest price on Marriott website is 178E. We paid 309 E for the THREE nights. including tax. Not bad!

I jumped up to $115 because I decided not to add several of the other areas I had been adding up to now since I really preferred St. G or Ch. E for my son this trip. So this was my last chance almost.

Tonight was the last night trying for this before booking a nice little 2* for 103E near a friend's house.

Looks great.

I used your PRICELINE link here, of course, and thank you again for this great site.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were ultimately successful and within your budget... certainly seems like a better deal than the 2* you were considering! :)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]