Hotwire Hotel: Please Help ID 3.5* Portsmouth, New Hampshire Hotel - $179/night

tee_are
By tee_are,
in

I am trying to identify this property in Portsmouth, New Hampshire for a May 27, 2010 to May 31, 2010 stay for two guests and would greatly appreciate any assistance!

Amenities shown are:

Non smoking

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High speed internet

Recommended in 80% customer reviews

10+ total reviews

4 out of 5 Trip Advisor rating

Based upon the price, I think it might be the Sheraton Harborside or the Hilton Garden Inn, but both of these show a pool on Tripadvisor. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been reported to the board. I think both the Sheraton and Hilton Garden Inn are possibilities, but i'd slightly favor the Sheraton, although you should be prepared for either.

However, at $179 for a 3.5* why not consider the 3* for $85... it too has a 'good' 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating and may be a better value at half the price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I think this hotel is actually Wentworth by the Sea, which is a Marriott property, and very nice. It's not in downtown Portsmouth, though--it's out by the water, a few miles from downtown. It's nicer than any hotel downtown, though. The reason I don't think it's the Sheraton or Hilton Garden Inn is that those both have pools, while the Wentworth does not.

PS The reason to bid on this hotel and not the $85 3* is that some of the 3* hotels in Portsmouth are the dumpy Holiday Inn and dumpier Anchorage Inn that are a ways from downtown and located on a highway (specifically, at the Portsmouth Traffic Circle). They are old and tired. The Wentworth is a gorgeous, recently renovated historic building on the ocean. The Hilton Garden Inn and Sheraton have never come up on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (they are the two hotels located in downtown Portsmouth within walking distance of everything). Good luck!

I think this hotel is actually Wentworth by the Sea, which is a Marriott property, and very nice... The reason I don't think it's the Sheraton or Hilton Garden Inn is that those both have pools, while the Wentworth does not.

Thanks for the insight... however, it doesn't appear that the Wentworth by the Sea is located within the boundaries of HOTWIRE's Downtown zone. (i've checked two different mapping services, each putting it in a slightly different location, but as mapping programs use arithmetic approximations, do you know if this property is located within the boundaries)

Unfortunately this stay has already passed, and the OP never followed-up with what they decided to do or concluded this thread :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]