car hire in phoenix

micheles
By micheles,
in

Each company charges different (and vary greatly from company to company)... there is no fixed fee throughout the industry.

Many credit card companies include collission insurance (but often not liability) if you use their card for the rental... check your credit card issuer to see if they offer any of this as a perk of using their card.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah, I thought this topic was something specific to PHX. Namely, the outrageous taxes and fees imposed on airport car rentals there. They can add 50, 60 or even 70% to the base price of the rental (and we're not talking insurance -- these are mandatory fees).

Last time I needed a car for a week in PHX, I was going to take a shuttle bus to a nearby hotel and rent a car from their office there (avoiding most of these fees). At the last minute, I found a lower rate available only on-airport, so I didn't have to do it. But I'm travelling there again this spring, and so far I can save $75 by picking it up at the hotel. Amazing.

Slightly concerned about the hotel being a little unhappy at me for "improperly" using their shuttle bus, but I've heard of others doing exactly the same thing (I mean, folks aren't stupid). Just be sure to book a flight arriving during the day, as the hotel car rental counters usually close by 5 pm.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]