Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Champs Elysees-Opera Quarter West) Le Meridien Etoile

phathomatik
By phathomatik,
in

I'm having a tough time finding a hotel in Paris for Saturday 06/12/10 to Wednesday 06/16/10. I saw that a member got the Marriott Rive Gauche hotel for the few days right before the 12th for $120. I tried for the same area with bids from $115 to $135 without any success.

Is this because I have a Saturday and Sunday in my bid? Am I better off separating the bids and doing one for Sunday to Wednesday and then one just for Saturday?

No, if you want to split your nights, it would be better to do Saturday and Sunday night together, and then the rest of the stay.

If you check the Marriott Rive Gauche website, the regular rate for 6/12 - 6/14 (Saturday and Sunday night) is 179 Euros per night, but this changes for 6/14-16 to 269 Euros per night.

Keep in mind that if you choose to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID you may receive two different hotels... would this be an acceptable outcome?

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked a couple of hotels and it does appear the 12th and 13th are actually cheaper than the 14th and 15th. That seems strange as the weekends are typically more expensive than the weekdays. I think I'll try a few more bids tonight up to $150 and if they don't go through then I'll split the two dates.

Has anyone had any success with hotels in Nice? We're spending the second half of our trip there so that's the next search.

Thanks for the help!

If you enter "Nice" into the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board you'll see all threads on the board related to this area.

Once you're ready to start bidding on this other leg of your trip please start a NEW TOPIC and include the date(s) of your stay.

Keep us updated (in this thread) regarding your Paris bidding and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked a couple of hotels and it does appear the 12th and 13th are actually cheaper than the 14th and 15th. That seems strange as the weekends are typically more expensive than the weekdays. I think I'll try a few more bids tonight up to $150 and if they don't go through then I'll split the two dates.

Has anyone had any success with hotels in Nice? We're spending the second half of our trip there so that's the next search.

Thanks for the help!

In Paris the principal customers for the type of 4* hotels that Priceline offers are businesspeople. That's why the month of August, and weekends, tend to be cheaper.

In Paris the principal customers for the type of 4* hotels that Priceline offers are businesspeople. That's why the month of August, and weekends, tend to be cheaper.

You're right. I've been to that hotel using priceline last year. That is a business hotel far from tourism area. One will not feel like staying in Paris. But is very good hotel near metro and McDonalds (it's important in order to get breakfast for a reasonable price - otherwise one will have to pay E25 in the hotel!).

That's why weekends are cheaper.

I've stayed several times at this hotel. Although it is out of the way, it's between 2 metro stops that are easy to get to. McDonalds is a few blocks away, however. But they have a counter and a little sitting area where you can get coffee and croissant (or similar) for reasonable prices.

I always try to get this hotel when I stay in Paris, if I'm not using Marriott points to stay near the Champs Elysee.

So I finally was able to book my hotels in Paris. Did as suggested and broke my bid down to Saturday and Sunday and another for Monday and Tuesday.

I got Saturday and Sunday on my second bid at $120 for the Le Meridien Etoile in the Champs Elysees area. I then spent the next week trying to get the Monday and Tuesday there as well but ended up at the Hotel Concorde Saint-Lazare for $195 a night.

I'll re-post my winning bids in separate threads.

Was trying to get any hotel in Paris, started out in the Latin Quarter with a bid of $110 and was rejected. Re-bid with Champs Elysees and got the Le Meridien Etoile for $120 a night for the dates of 6/12/10 and 6/14/10. It was about a 50% discount on the posted rates so very satisfied.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal on this property and that SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID worked well for this trip... increasing your savings!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy you stay(s).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]