Hotwire Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Marriott Waikiki

scottlevin
By scottlevin,
in

Hey everyone,

I wanted to see if you could help me on a bidding strategy for resorts in Waikiki.

Levels that are okay:

Resort

Zones that are okay:

Oahu (Waikiki Marina)

Oahu (Waikiki City Central)

Oahu (Waikiki Beach)

This is from 7/28 to 8/4. I think they are willing to pay up to $115 but would really like to keep it as low as possible. After $115, however, I think they would start thinking about trying a 3*, etc.

Does anyone have a bidding strategy? Also, what is this resort fee? Can anyone estimate how much a resort fee will be in this area? Like $50/night? Or like $50 total? Or like what?

THANKS!!

You can look at the Priceline Hotel List to see Resort hotels which have been previously reported to the zone... then look at the hotel websites to determine the amount of the resort fee, if any.

Note that currently there are no hotels in the Waikiki Central zone at the Resort star level so you would likely only be bidding on the Beach and Marina zones.

Is stay for somebody else? If so, please confirm their maximum bid price and we'll suggest a strategy for them to follow. If 'they' will be doing the bidding, please ask them to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links here on the board to begin their purchases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the Resort level you have FIVE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Waikiki Marina...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Waikiki Beach and Waikiki Marina...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just to recap, I did all that bidding, all the way up to $120 actually. And we every single one was rejected.

I noticed a 4* on Hotwire that is $139 for those dates. I wonder if that hotel is also biddable on Priceline, and if so, how to get it for less? Can anyone ID it?

Does anyone have a suggestion for finding an affordable resort at that time? Not sure what we will do.

Used the link by the way! Don't know if that helps even if we didn't win.

Okay, let's see...

It's a 4* Waikiki Beach area hotel...

"Recommended in 65% of customer reviews"

4/5 TripAdvisor

Amenities:

4-star hotel in Waikiki Beach

This hotel features the following amenities:

Near Beach

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach.

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Please note that Hotwire cannot guarantee the level of services offered at a property and/or if services are operational at the time of visit. Services may be closed due to seasonality reasons and/or may be closed for renovation.

THANKS!!!

It's a 4* Waikiki Beach area hotel...

4/5 TripAdvisor

Amenities:

4-star hotel in Waikiki Beach

This hotel features the following amenities:

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the property above.

Also, please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it makes your post to read.

No need to edit your other post as i have already edited per the quote box above and can use then when researching this property.

The above is a match for the Waikiki Parc so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Rates change all the time, so it could be worthwhile bidding again, but while you wait and hope for rates to drop, they could move in the other direction and go up instead.

Are you not interested in the Waikiki Parc? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel? If you continue to be rejected at $115 what is your gameplan/back-up?

Okay, sorry for not following up sooner. Here's what happened.

We didn't really care for the Waikiki Parc @ $135. We didn't think it was really worth the 4* designation and was not really a resort, like the ones we were looking at.

We kept bidding all the way up to $125, even $130 once, without winning.

Then today, I noticed on HOTWIRE what looked to be the Waikiki Beach Marriott @ $119. This was for two adults and 1 child, so we could get separate beds. Without the 1 child it was $129. Go figure. So we tried it out and booked it and sure enough it was the resort we wanted! A little more than our initial budget of $115 but not too bad.

Here are the amenities, just so people know: (They are consistent with previous reports)

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

So I guess this is now technically a HOTWIRE post and not a PL post. It should probably be moved and the title changed. Sorry I don't know how to do that!

Two lessons learned:

1. Sometimes adding a child can get you a lower rate. People should try that if they don't mind getting two beds.

2. Hotwire supply does not equal PRICELINE supply. When I saw the $119 rate on HOTWIRE, I quickly went over to Priceline to bid for the Marriott up to $125. I didn't win. This property was only available on HOTWIRE.

Okay, thanks so much for your help, BB!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found a hotel close to your budget and are pleased with the results... we're happy to hear the information here was helpful with your purchase.

Please remember to use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]