Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Loews Hotel

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I stayed at this hotel last night and although it is a great 'trendy' hotel, the restaurant is closed for renovations which technically disqualifies it as a 4* or even 3*. I have read in the past where PL will temporarily downgrade a hotel in a situation like this. I even got a refund in the past for the 3* Holiday Inn Select in Montreal for a similar reason. Hope this one works out too!!!

Parked on the street for free .... the hotel charges about $28 for valet parking.

The location is also excellent right on Market Street near the Hard Rock Cafe and the convention center.

I am thinking of bidding the 4* DT zone and this property has me a bit worried. I have gone to several other booking sites and the only availability that any are showing (including Loews) is a Parlor room that has a queen pull-out sofa but no other bed in the room. This hardly qualifies has a 4* room in my opinion. Do you think I could possibly end up with this room or would this be considered no availabilty?

Also, I see you were able to find parking on the street. I'd like to stay downtown but also do not want to pay the high prices to park. How easy/difficult is it to find street parking on a Saturday morning?

I spent close to 10 hours walking around downtown and there is endless parking spots BUT they were all taken. I guess your only bet is to get there before business hours. Also, you mentioned Sat morning, all the meters charge on Saturdays and the signs only say "Sunday excepted" for parking more than 2 hours or over night.

If you are bidding for a date close by, you might try $33 and than $38 to get the Wyndham or best case ... Hyatt Penns Landing, I wouldn't chance the additional $$$ for Loews. Having said that, I still think Loews may just reject you as the parlor room would be disputable on a PL stay.

Another option which I considered if I didn't get street parking was to park in NJ and take the train into Philly ... that would save plenty but I do not know how safe your car is over night.

I got this from PL regarding my complaint about the Loew's restaurant being closed...

Thank you for taking the time to email us about your hotel request.

Our customers are our number one priority, and we will do our best to

make your experience a pleasant one. We are concerned to hear that you

are dissatisfied with our service. We take your comments very

seriously

and have forwarded them to the appropriate individuals. We have also

refunded you $15 for the inconvenience.

We hope this information is helpful to you, and look forward to serving

your future travel needs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]