Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-W. Hollywood) Hyatt

quietloud
By quietloud,
in

Tried bidding $60, 3*, (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) on 2/18/05

then waited 72 hours and tried $65, 3*, (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) for stay on 3/17-3/20 both bids

neither was accepted.

Greater than $65 seems to high for 3* in this zone, as most people seem to get Hyatt West Hollywood for around $57.

This is the only zone I'd like to stay in, any suggestions of how to proceed?

Thanks

Chris

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Hyatt is only one hotel in the area, and the other properties usually require bids higher than $60. As well, current rates for the Hyatt are higher than when we usually see bids in the $50's accepted. Based upon current rates i think you're close, but will need to bid just a bit more. I think $68 may be a bid that would would work but this is how i would proceed:

Bid $64, if rejected wait 72 hours as you have no re-bid zones in this area at the 3* level.

Bid $68.

Not sure if you want to go up to $68 or not (or just bid that right from the start if you don't feel like waiting on this), but i think it would greatly improve your chances (still no guarantees of succss though). The other option is to lower your star rating.

Let us know what you decide to do and/or if there are any additional questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

mmm...

bid $68.00 through savingsbarn, rejected with...

"Try Again Right Now.

We're sorry, but we couldn't find a hotel willing to accept your offer of $68 for a hotel room in the Los Angeles - Central L.A. area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number 212-xxx-xxx-xx.

To try your request again, change one or more items with a check. Or, see available prices for your trip right now at Lowestfare.com."

In another forum, someone payed $73 for the Hyatt West Hollywood at the end of February.

A couple of thoughts... I'm bidding from a non-US country, but have formatted our address US style as mentioned in this forum. Would it be possible that our card is being rejected as being from a foreign country?

Any thoughts?

cheers

Chris

I don't think your problem if of a 'foreign country' nature... as rates have changed (once again) since 3 days ago... at the time my guess is that by bidding $68 you would receive the Crowne Plaza, but rates are now higher than they were a few days ago and the hotel shows no availability for the last nite of your stay (when searching dates individually... still appears when searching for all 3 nites together).

Are you still showing the Hyatt on HOTWIRE... when i search for your dates what is believed to be the Hyatt is not offered.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your win.

I think this is a very good deal and i'm glad to see that you chose to go up a few more dollars in your bid rather than lower your star rating. I often think the trade-off for a 'better' hotel for $5-$10/nite is a good investment (of course pending the peculiarities of certain zones where a lower star rated hotel is more desirable for specific reasons).

Have yourself a great trip/stay... and thank you very much for starting your purchase at the SavingsBarn.com :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]