Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park-Loop-Grant Park) The Wit Doubletree

shamino
By shamino,
in

Hi AaronJB,

I am also interested in River North/NMA if that can get me a better rate.

I'm aiming for maximum $80/night, but the lower the better. (otherwise, I think I will try a vacational rental, but I really like the convenience that hotels offer).

Thank you,

Shamino

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am also looking for a 4* for close to that time period (6/24 - 6/29) but want only in the River North/NMA area. I've read the link on re-bidding, but can't figure out how this works in this specific area as all of the other Priceline areas seem to have 4* properties.

Nikkilou -

Open up a brand new priceline page. Search for the city that you want, as if you were going to choose one.

Now, only check 1 box in any type of area. You'll see that all the stars available in that area only. For instance, Lincoln Park does not have any 4* hotels, and you could add this area when you rebid for River North.

For instance, this is what you do:

Check the box for 4* and bid for River North at some low price. If you don't win the bid:

Add Lincoln Park, and bid a little higher. The system will only search for River North, because no 4* hotels are in Lincoln Park.

To find out which areas don't have 4*, check the area one by one to see what type of star hotels there are.

Rates for Summer dates have gone up in recent months, although these particular dates do not seem unusually high with HOTWIRE showing 4*'s in the main zones for around $120-130.

nikkilou, your dates are not exactly the same and rates can vary significantly by dates - a bid required to win for your dates may be different than the original poster's, although in the case of 6/24-29, rates on HOTWIRE actually do appear lower than 6/23-27; HOTWIRE has 4*'s in NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast and Mag Mile/Streeterville for $119.

Rates can certainly go up, as well - waiting until the last minute can be a problem if traffic for these dates comes in above expectations.

Shamino, did you try bidding up to $80?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I just tried bidding at $78. I'll try rebidding again in about 7 hours (when my 24 hours period from yesterday is passed).

Do you think I have to go higher than $80 on this one? Can the price drop if I wait? (Or is this more risky - the price may go up instead?)

I'd think going higher than $80 is likely, although you have enough time to try that level.

There is no way to know for sure if prices will go higher or lower. Sometimes prices do come down at the last minute, but sometimes there are certainly instances where prices will suddenly jump higher (and if they jump higher, there's no way to know if they will return to prior levels.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

No luck yet up to $80 for PRICELINE bidding.

Just saw a deal on HOTWIRE (via Hotels.com) for $99 a night for these dates at Allterton. Another thread in this forum got it for $140 so maybe that's a good deal? The Allerton deal only lasts 48 hrs however.

Anyways, I'm going to keep trying the $80 bidding on PRICELINE for the next few days.

What do you think? Is the Allerton deal worth it?

Thanks for all the effort the moderators put into helping us find good deals! :)

Rates do vary by dates. The other poster who got the Allerton paid more because those are very busy dates. In terms of bidding, I think if you do want to try for the Allerton, you could try bidding for a 3.5* in the River North/NMA area starting at $70 - keep in mind you may get a different hotel than the Allerton, as there are a number of 3.5* properties in the zone.

If you are interested in the Allerton, I wouldn't buy it through HOTWIRE, I would buy it through Expedia, which also has it for $99 for a 48-hour sale. Plus, you can use coupon code 10SPRING for another $10 off per night (so $89).

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia.com links.

Were your failed bids for a 3.5* or 4* hotel?

If you want the Allerton, why not just purchase directly thru Expedia for less than $5/nite more than you've been bidding and know exactly what you'll be getting?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or Expedia if you decide to go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

They were for the 4*. I didn't do the Expedia because I wanted a 4* one, but do you think Allerton is ok?

I'm really looking for convenience I suppose, but also somewhat flamboyant as it will be a vacation/getaway with someone special.

By the way, I guess the special is now over, and I don't have a choice for that anymore.

This is a bit of a tough one - $80 unfortunately seems unlikely. The 3.5* level is worth considering in NMA and while the 3* level may not be as nice as the 4*'s, there are actually some very nice 3* properties in the River North/NMA area, such as the Indigo.

HOTWIRE doesn't have much of interest at the 4* level - what looks to be the Sheraton is showing for $134, but I'd rather suggest bidding on PRICELINE and trying to get a 4* in the area for less than pay more for this particular property via HOTWIRE.

4* NMA 6/23-6/27

I've been trying to do priceline bidding but no success so far. I'm trying to see what I can do here with HOTWIRE. I saw a $109 4* for 6/23 - 6/27 on HOTWIRE just now, and wondering if you could help me identify it, and any advice.

Some more details:

Recommended by 70% of customer reviews

Has: fitness, business, restaurants and wifi

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If you check the Hotwire Hotel List for this zone you'll see that this this amenity combination matches multiple property, but given you've only been willing to go up to $80 with your PRICELINE bids... are you now really considering this HOTWIRE offer at $109 (or would you sooner be raising your PRICELINE bids from $80-$109)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Considering that I've had no luck for a few days at $80, I've actually been trying to start at $80 now. I went all the way up to $95 yesterday. I am willing to stay around $100 but not much more. If that $109 from yesterday was good and you guys suggested it, I would really consider it.

The amenities for the HOTWIRE property are common and match previous reports for the Allerton, Drake, Millenium Knickerbocker, The Avenue, Westin and Sutton Place... so any of these are among the likley candidates.

How high are you willing to bid on PRICELINE?

Hi, I think I'm about to make a purchase, so I need feedback quite urgently.

For the same dates, (6/23 - 6/27) need help identifying a 4* hotel in The Loop on HOTWIRE for $79.

Amenities:

Business, Fitness, Restaurant, High-Speed Internet, and SPA

Recommended in 95% of customer reviews.

Could this be the Palmer House?

I know it's in the loop area, but could the cheap price make up for not being in NMA or Mag Mile? I'm not familiar with the area, and am coming in as a tourist for the first time.

Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]