Priceline Hotel: Looking for lowest price

ZachAttak4
By ZachAttak4,
in

Hi, I don't often have the luxury of using Priceline, as I rarely travel, but I love this board for when I can.

Well, we're flying out of Milwaukee very early one morning, and I'm trying to find a hotel room near the airport for as low a price as possible. I don't care what kind of hotel we're in, as long as it has a bed and bath, as we'll be spending under 12 hours here.

In Milwaukee, all 6 zones have at least 3+ stars, which is what the Airport area (South) has; so rebidding with more zones isn't a possibility. So, I want to be able to do multiple bids using the stars.

What strategy do I use? For instance, perhaps I can get a 1* for $20, but I know I can't get a 3* for that price, so do I start with just one star, or do I start with the 3*? Basically, since I am going for rock bottom, and don't care about stars, am I basically only left with bidding dirt cheap on 1* and not bothering with the bigger # stars? I have plenty of time, so bidding every 3 days is ok, I am just wondering how to maximize this effort.

I tried searching FAQs and general tips and didn't find anything exactly like this question.

Thanks for any thoughts.

You have to look at rates for these particular nites, your next best deal outside of the opaque suppliers, and take into consideration how much time you have before your stay.

You can pick your price for a 1* hotel and try higher rated hotels at that same price first, so that if a 1* and a 2* are both offered at $20 (using your example above) then at least you are assured of the 2* for that price vs. the 1* at the same price. (although PRICELINE should upgrade your 1* bid in this situation anyway)

Best advise is to start bidding early anytime you don't have any re-bid zones available.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If you're ready to bid and need help with the stay above let us know your maximum bid and we'll take a look at rates for these dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]