Insurance

tjb117
By tjb117,
in

Hello! Thanks for all you guys do around here to help...

I'm a first time PRICELINE user. I was turned onto this site from a co-worker, and am excited/nervous about my upcoming trip. I've been researching on here for a while now and plan to make my bid in the next day or so for a trip to Hilton Head Island, SC. I had a few quick questions I was hoping you could help out with...

- Is the insurance worth purchasing? It's pretty cheap, but if it has a lot of restrictions or isn't worth it, I'll just skip it.

- It looks like there is 4 "resorts" listed in the Hotel List. If I select resort, which I was planning on doing, will I most likely wind up with one of those 4? I guess my concern is that if I selected Resort, but somehow ended up with a normal hotel.

- Do I need to call to confirm my reservation with the hotel at any time before checking in? Or is my room assignment and everything handled when I arrive and check-in on the first night of my stay?

I'll use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links here and post my results! Thanks again!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

In terms of insurance, keep in mind that it is for significant events that would cause one to not be able to take the trip only (and may require documentation to prove), it is not if you are unhappy with the hotel won, etc.

The lists of states provide the hotels that have been reported to the board. You could possibly win one of the 4, but there may always be an entirely new resort-level property and/or a resort property new to the service.

Your room assignment is handled at check-in. I do tend to recommend printing out the information and having it with you just in case (but I'd also recommend that with a regular rate reservation, too.)

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Credit card benefits differ from card to card, so users are encouraged to check with their own card issuers to determine coverage and if it is sufficient for their needs/situation. As well, most non-US card issuers do not offer insurance as a card benefit.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]