Hotwire Hotel: Need 3 rooms in PA and I am a new to both of these

maj0819
By maj0819,
in

I am looking for 3 rooms in the Harrisburg/Hershey area in PA. Dates I am looking for are July 25-31. I have never used Priceline or Hotwire but really want to give it a try. I definitely do not want smoking as we have 5 children coming with us. Other than that not to many restrictions. Not sure which site to go with. I would like between a 3-4 star hotel under $100 per night. Is this reasonable? Thanks for everyone's help!

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

To get you started. If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

On HOTWIRE can you also look after the Smoke Free icon that guarantee you smoke free rooms.

And priceline only guarantee a room for two adults. That could mean a room with 1 bed. On HOTWIRE can you search up to 4 guests/room.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

New to priceline and wondering what price I should try. When I make it to the screen where I enter my price it shows a median price. Does this mean much? For example this 3.5 star hotel in Harrisburg PA has a median price of $154. Do I have any chance of getting a room for under $100? Does anyone really use this price?

Thanks!

It's not meaningless, but it should not be solely considered when planning a bid; I also look at HOTWIRE prices and the spread between the HOTWIRE prices and the regular rates, as well as various regular rate services.

While most people get no-smoking rooms via PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, there is no 100% guarantee of a no-smoking room (a few users have reported getting smoking rooms lately) unless one purchases a listing with a no-smoking icon via HOTWIRE. If you need more than one bed, PRICELINE also does not guarantee 2 beds.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 month later...

Well we never booked that due to a change in plans. Now we are down to two rooms and only for two nights. We are ready to book but do not want to make a mistake. I would like non smoking, pool, and breakfast (but not a must). This one seemed good but could not find anything out on this in the forums.

What are your new dates? How many rooms/adults/children are you including on your search?

Please click this HOTWIRE link before replying.

The new dates are check in July 29 and check out July 31. We need two rooms with 2 adults and 2 children in each room(so a total of 4 adults and 4 children). Ages o children are 2,5,9,12. Thanks again and sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

By the way, I clicked the HOTWIRE link but I am not sure what it did.

A property with this amenity combination has not yet been reported to the board, but if i were to take a guess i think a new amenity combination for the Holiday Inn West would be among the likely candidates.

Even if a different property i don't think you can go too wrong given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]