Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Hyatt Regency

imranh786
By imranh786,
in

There's a hotel on Hotwire that is 4* in Waikiki Beach from 7/5 - 7/8 with the following details:

4-star hotel in Waikiki Beach

This hotel features the following amenities:

Near Beach: Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach.

Fitness Center: Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s): Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s): Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center: Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities: <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access: Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Please help me in identifying this hotel. Thanks!

You can't use the hotels offered thru PRICELINE's "retail" product to determine what you will get when bidding thru "name your own price". See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more info.

You can see the hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

If you'd like help with this stay please let us know your dates, maximum bid, desired star rating, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Royal Hawaiian is at least one possibility for a 5* hotel in this zone.

Are you willing to pay more for a 5* vs. a Resort or is your goal the least expensive Resort class property or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That would depend on how much more a 5* hotel is. On PRICELINE it states that a 5* and Resort have a similar median price of ~$240. Do you know how much the Royal Hawaiian would go for? Are there any other hotels that might be considered 5*? I would like to stay under $125/night, but if the benefit outweighs the cost, then I could reconsider. Thanks for all your help!

The median prices provided by PRICELINE are not reliable and shouldn't be used as part of your bidding process.

I can't say if there are other possibilities for the 5* in this zone... there could always be another hotel other than what we expect, new hotels could be added at any time, and other hotels could be upgraded from the 4*/Resort level. However, my guess is that given this is Hawaii, and given a 5* rating, it would likely cost more than the $125 you're trying to target. I do however think you'll be successful for a Resort within your budget.

If you want to try for a 5*, how much more over the cost of a Resort would it be worth to you... or do you prefer to just try for a 4*?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

At the Resort level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]