Hotwire Hotel: 3* Columbus (Port Columbus Airport CMH-Easton) Best Western Port Clmbs

Who Me?
By Who Me?,
in

Posted a while ago about getting an ID on a HOTWIRE Columbus Airport area hotel and I'm finally getting around to reporting my results.

I booked a room and then about two weeks later booked another one for my in-laws. I am certain of my results, but am working off my memory for the in-law result (believe everything but the price is 100% accurate and even that isn't off by more than a couple of bucks).

My results: HOTWIRE offered a 3* CMH/Easton Hotel with Fitness, Pool, Business Center, Internet & Golf for $59 (1 night, 6/10/10) which appeared to the the Four Points (actually the only hotel ever reported for this area). Sure enough that's what I got - no surprise there. Total cost was just over $75 after taxes, etc.

After hearing about the deal I got, my in-laws wanted to change there reservation (which was $100+ ($125?)/night). Things looked *very* similar as we looked at the HOTWIRE offers (worth noting in-laws actually wanted two nights - 6/10 & 11). The result, however, was a wild card.

The HOTWIRE offer was nearly identical: 3* CMH/Easton Hotel with Fitness, Pool, Business Center, Internet & Golf, for just a few dollars more than I was offered (I believe $62/night). There were also hotels similar to those mentioned in my other, ID query, posting). Everything pointed to another booking at the Four Points.

For the first time using Hotwire, however, I got a completely unexpected hotel: The Best Western Port Columbus. The good news is that it is located just down the road, so while it won't be as convenient as being at the same hotel, it's not going to be really inconvenient.

Bottom Line: I can report the above result for an expected hotel (Four Points $59 on 6/10/10) and then muddy the water by reporting that there is an additional *identical* star/amenity hotel in this area (Best Western Port Columbus, $62 on 6/10 & 11/10).

Thank you for sharing your result(s) with the board... sorry one of the purchases was not what you were expecting.

We've used this thread to reflect the purchase of the Best Western for your in-laws, can you please post a reply to your previous Hotwire Columbus Ohio thread so that others reading that thread in the future will know the outcome of your purchase, as well as enable each of these wins to have their own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you each enjoy your stays.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]