Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Trumbull-Milford (Trumbul-Shelton) Holiday Inn Express

twj
By twj,
in

I followed the instructions I saw for bidding and I kept adding $5 every day, starting from $45 up to $70 and my bid was rejected. Finally I called the hotel and booked directly for one night just for today. I'm going to try again today for $80 to see if I'm lucky. I'm guessing if I put 2.5 stars, it will pick the stars higher also. For some reason, I'm not lucky as others who got rooms for $45 and $50. I want the room in this area so that I can avoid taking rental car which will save me a lot of money. I'm wondering if priceline have any rooms available during this time in any of the hotels out there and if not how do I know? I called Holiday Inn express, they said they have only 3 rooms left for today at the same time when I login to priceline it shows that a winning bid of $51 for 2.5 stars in Trumbull-Shelton. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can someone share their thoughts on how I can get a successful bid?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Were you bidding for a room for tonite but also need a room for tomorrow? If a hotel only has 3 rooms left they may not offer deeply discounted inventory to the opaque supplies (or inventory at all), instead preferring to hold onto these rooms in hopes of selling them at full price to last minute 'walk-in' customers, who are seldom in the position to shop around and compare prices.

The $51 win you're referring to was probably not for the same dates as your own, plus you have no idea how long ago that winning bid was made.

Moving forward, you need a room for tomorrow nite, 5/18/10? What is your maximum bid for this stay tomorrow?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (also note that if you do book direct we have a link in our support page to the Holiday Inn... pleas use the link there if you ultimately end up booking direct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the star rating and name of the hotel you received.... as well as the date(s) of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

And May 17 to May 21

Since this would not be a continuous stay, please add this win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that it will have its own thread and appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]