Priceline Hotel: Nashville Advice Requested

urbantracker
By urbantracker,
in

My wife and I will be travelling to Nashville on April 9 to 12 to attend a country music awards show. I have used PL twice before to get 4* hotels for other cities for $75.00. Looking at the winning bid history list, I am seeing some nice 3* hotels going in the $36.00 - $50.00 range. I have not seen any hits for 4* hotels. Since I have time to play with this, are there any suggestions for targeting 4*, willing to stay outside of the downtown, and have a $75.00 max bid. If I totally strike out - I will adjust strategy for going after a 3* with an emphasis on price and location.

Previous hotel experience in Nashville, several years ago, Embassy Suites and Opryland Resort.

Thanks

In this order - Downtown, Airport, Opryland, Brentwood, Franklin, and after that - a bit of a toss up. My wife received an email from another country music fan advising they priced a 4* (zone unknown) for $63.00 through Hotwire. I have no Hotwire experience so I don't know how their 4*s stack up against PL's 4* rating.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You have 9 re-bids when bidding 4* in Nashville. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* Downtown-Vanderbilt

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $66, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $69, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please keep us updated as to your progress. If the above fails let us know if you'd like a strategy for a 3* property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Finally settled on dates for Nashville (April 10 - 13) and put the suggested bid process to work to try and score a 4* in the downtown zone. Since the only 4* hotels are in that zone, it was easy to rebid with the suggested increments. After topping out at $79.00 with no takers I folded my hand with PL. Just out of curiosity I thought I would check what was happenning with HOTWIRE. In the "Best Buy" catagory I found a 4* through HOTWIRE for $51.00 in the downtown area. After researching the amenities listed the unnamed hotel I was able to eliminate the possibility that is was the one hotel I did not want end up with. I purchased the dates and ended up with the Downtown Sheraton which has a good location to most of the events we plan to do and places we want to see. Reviews I have read are mostly very favorable. A lot of the negative reviews seem to center around the $14.00 a day parking fee that a lot of people did not seem to know about when they checked in.

At $51.00 a night for a 4* (my first experience with a HW rated property, it will be interesting to see how their 4* ratings compare) hotel, even with $14.00 parking I should be satisfied.

Many thanks to thereuare for the suggestions. :)

• 1 month later...

Can you please add the amenities for this property so that we can properly categorize it in our lists.

Also, in your review you mention that this is a 3.5* propert but it appears above that you bought a 4* hotel on Hotwire.. what is the proper hotwire rating for this hotel?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]