Priceline Hotel: 4* Rochester (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

warzbiz
By warzbiz,
in

I'm relatively new to using Priceline and just recently discovered your forum. Wish I would have known sooner!

I needed a last minute room in Rochester, NY. The Hyatt Regency Downtown was asking $149 for a Valentine's Weekend night (Sat. 2-12-05).

I used Priceline. Selected "Downtown Rochester," 4- Star Deluxe. I bid $70 and had it accepted on the 1st try. I felt pretty good about it at the time (half-price) but it seems I overpaid. :)

I didn't know anything about bidding strategy then.

Ever since, I've been reading lots of BetterBidding posts. Now I'm hoping to use my new-found wisdom (and some advice from members) to book a great room in Las Vegas for March 25-28th.

I'll be asking for help in the Vegas section soon.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your previous win with the rest of the board. I would think that the majority of Priceline users are in the same boat... very happy with their deals but wondering if they could have done better; then they learn about strategies, re-bidding, etc. and a whole new way to look at bidding opens up.

We look forward to helping with and hearing about your future successes!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]