Priceline Hotel: Vancouver bidding help, please!

goblue2010
By goblue2010,
in

Hello,

I've been perusing this board for a while and have tried bidding a few times on Priceline for hotels using the tips provided, but with little success. My bids always get rejected.

I have an upcoming trip to Vancouver July 18-23 and would love to score a hotel room. Downtown would be great, but anywhere along a SkyTrain line within reasonable distance would also work.

I see on Hotwire that a 4* in "Downtown Vancouver West area" is going for $109 - based on the descriptions from this forum, I think it's the Sheraton Wall Centre. If I could score a hotel at about that level for $75-$85 a night I'd be a happy guy.

If anyone can help me develop a bidding strategy for this trip, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Here's my info:

Dates: 07/18-07/23

Zones: Downtown Vancouver (4) and Granville Entertainment District (5) as top choices, with City Hall & Downtown Vancouver South (1) and YVR (9) as less preferred options.

Budget/night: Ideally $75-$85 - not sure if that's realistic or not

Stars: Between 4* and 2.5* would be fine. Obviously the higher the better. :)

Thanks!

Zones: Downtown Vancouver (4) and Granville Entertainment District (5) as top choices, with City Hall & Downtown Vancouver South (1) and YVR (9) as less preferred options.
Do you want to bid for only the Downtown and Granville Entertainment District zones first, up to your limit, then if rejected include the other zones... or are you ultimately looking for the least expensive hotel at your desired star rating in any of the above zones?
Stars: Between 4* and 2.5* would be fine. Obviously the higher the better. :)
Did you want to bid for a 4* first up to your limit, then try for a 3.5* up to your limit, then a 3* up to your limit, etc, etc?

What zone(s), bid(s), and star rating(s) have you already tried?

Please click this PRICELINE link before replying to this thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]