Hotwire Hotel: Downtown St. Louis June 16-19

InySam
By InySam,
in

I was given the option for a 3.5 star hotel at $53 per night with fitness, pool, restaurant, laundry, and high-speed internet. Is this most likely the Crowne Plaza? By the way, when I checked about an hour before, it said $75 for seemingly the same thing. If it is the Crowne Plaza, I'd like to hear opinions on what you think of it.

Also, there was a 3 star hotel for $55 with fitness, pool, and restaurant. Do you know what that would be? I wouldn't take it if I can get the 3.5 for $53, but just in case the price of that one jumps back up.

Also, PriceLine is not an option as I have small children and can't take the risk of getting no pool. That happened to me in Indy last weekend.

One more thing, how much is parking typically at the downtown hotels?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I was given the option for a 3.5 star hotel at $53 per night with fitness, pool, restaurant, laundry, and high-speed internet. Is this most likely the Crowne Plaza?
This does match the Crowne Plaza so that would be my best guess for this HOTWIRE offering.
Also, there was a 3 star hotel for $55 with fitness, pool, and restaurant. Do you know what that would be? I wouldn't take it if I can get the 3.5 for $53, but just in case the price of that one jumps back up.
If the one above jumps back up, this one may not be offered anymore at that time or the price of this too could go up, we'll take a closer look if the one above is no longer offered at a price which you're happy with.
Also, PriceLine is not an option as I have small children and can't take the risk of getting no pool. That happened to me in Indy last weekend.
We'd welcome your previous win reported to the board as a NEW TOPIC... although the stay has passed, the datapoint could help another user in the future.
One more thing, how much is parking typically at the downtown hotels?
You can use the Priceline and Hotwire Hotel Lists to see hotels reported in the zone, then visit a few of their websites to see parking rates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked again this morning and the 3.5* is now $57/night. We are assuming this is the Crowne Plaza based on the laundry amenity.

The 3* is now available at $46/night with fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center and high speed internet. It is recommended by 70% of customer reviews (as opposed to 85% for the 3.5*). Do you have a good idea of what the 3* hotel is? Thanks again.

InySam

The 3* is a match for both the Holiday Inn Select Downtown-Convention Center and the Millenium Hotel St. Louis so you need to have an open mind booking the 3*

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Feel free to post your Indy win at the board.

Did you try the 3*? If so, what was it? I'm looking at that too. Thanks.

I haven't yet, I'm still debating my options.

An interesting thing I've noticed about watching this trip - the 3.5* is currently $57 for 2 adults. If I modify it to include 2 children, the price jumps to over $100. Should I assume that the lower price is for a room with one bed, and that if I book that way I won't be able to request a room with 2 beds?

Prices (and sometimes listings, so do keep in mind that there may be different listings showing when searching for 2/2) do change when searching for more than 2 adults. If you only indicate 2 adults, you will most likely end up with one bed. While you can request 2 beds at the hotel, they could say no or charge an upgrade fee. If you are searching for more than 2 in the room, you could then be assured of bedding for your entire party (most commonly 2 beds, but could be 1 + sofa, etc.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]