Priceline Hotel: 4*-3.5* Chicago

Wingwing
By Wingwing,
in

The River North-North Michigan Ave area and the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area are the two PRICELINE zones that make up the downtown area. The Millennium-Loop-Grant Park area is closer to museums and has some shopping, but can be quiet/very quiet at night. The River North/NMA area is further from museums, but has a wider variety of restaurants/nightlife.

Please provide your desired budget per night and we would be happy to offer suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Did you want to bid both the NMA and Loop zones or just one of them?

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Let us know the information above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones. Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Select 3.5* NMA...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

Select 3.5* Loop...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

Select 3.5* NMA and Loop...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been bidding NMA area for the night of 5/22 (Saturday) for a week now (using the PRICELINE link!). I've used the re-bid zone strategies. ALL of my bids have been rejected! The National Restaurant Association convention is in town that weekend. Could there be NO availability because of that? Expected attendance is 45,000. Any suggestions would be helpful. I would really like a 4* in NMA, but would be willing to take a 3.5*

Here's what I bid for 5/22 NMA:

On 5/11 I started at $75 for 4*. Added rebid zones and went up to $100. All rejected.

On 5/12 I started at $72 for 3.5*. Added rebid zones and went up to $87. All rejected.

On 5/13 I started at $85 for a 4*. Added all rebid zones and went up to $130. All rejected!!!!

On 5/14 I started at $75 for a 3.5*. Added all rebid zones and went up to $90. All rejected!!!!

Any suggestions? I would really like to remain in NMA area. What's the problem with this weekend?

Thanks!

The National Restaurant Associated conference is one of biggest in Chicago and that could certainly be having an effect on your bidding and the reason for your rejections.

Even if you lower your star rating to 3.5* i think it's going to take more thank you're currently bidding for these dates... what is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for these dates thru conventional booking channels. Is $85 your maximum bid for a 3.5* in the NAM zone?

Wingwing,

I don't think SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is going to help you much at this point as your dates coincide with this large conference (it's not like your stay only overlaps for the first or last day). With the conference in town many hotels are likely at or near capacity, and what few rooms they do have left they will likely hold on to, waiting to sell at a full price walk up rate to a conventioneer who walks in without a room, rather than sell at a deep discount to the opaque suppliers.

I'm not sure what your maximum bid is at this point, but i don't think sub-$100 has much of a chance, but you can try whatever strategy you've been bidding, trying for the following date combinations:

5/22-5/25

5/23-5/25

5/22-5/24

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]