Hotwire Hotel: 2* Vancouver (Richmond-Vancouver Airport YVR) Travelodge

sook
By sook,
in

I was waiting for the price to go down. the beginning of May it was 53 and last week it was 49. I wondered whether it would go down further. but the price yesterday was up to 52, so I booked with the price of 52.

The amenties: Airport Shuttle, Pool, and Restraunt

I booked the room this morning and called them just now to check what room type I am getting. They said that I am getting smokng and one king bed. What I wanted to get is non-smoking and two beds. When I asked to change, they said since it's booked like this, it cannot change. Is this true? Should I just get as it's booked? Is Travelodge giving the rooms no one wants to get? like smoking? who wants smoking room. This isnt fair I think.

Any suggestion to change?

The date is Jun. 15 to Jun.16 and Jun. 17 to Jun.18

Thanks

Sorry to hear that the result was disappointing in this case - two beds is not guaranteed by HOTWIRE (although if you do select more than 2 in the room, some form of bedding should be ensured for your party.) In terms of smoking, I would call again at a different time and plead your case to be switched. If that does not work, I'd contact HOTWIRE.

Please post your 6/17-18 purchase as a separate thread. Thank you. :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Hopefully the hotel will ultimately be able to work with you in this regard (most are, if the room type you want is available at check-in), but just like room type/configuration, a non-smoking room is not guaranteed thru either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (unless you choose a hotel which shows the Smoke Free icon)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]