Some basic questions

mogul11
By mogul11,
in

Hello everyone,

It's nice to join this forum!

I have used priceline quite a few times in the last few years and was always wondering;

If I only select a certain star rating to bid on, does the amount of my winning bid have anything to do with which hotel i get?

i.e. would I get a better hotel if I bid more and vice versa?

Or does priceline "know" which hotel it intends to offer for that star rating and I just have to aim as low as I can?

And another thing, when people post their bids in this forum, do they post their original bid or the final price (including taxes)?

I appreciate your help :)

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Looking forward to see your wins posted at the board.

If I only select a certain star rating to bid on, does the amount of my winning bid have anything to do with which hotel i get?

i.e. would I get a better hotel if I bid more and vice versa?

Please read this link: Don't bid higher for a specific hotel
Or does priceline "know" which hotel it intends to offer for that star rating and I just have to aim as low as I can?
The outcome depends on the minimum rates the hotels have loaded into the PRICELINE system. But you should allways aim as low as you can.
And another thing, when people post their bids in this forum, do they post their original bid or the final price (including taxes)?
The price should allways be without the tax in the topic. Feel free to post the total in your post.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]