Priceline Hotel: NYC bidding help needed

hellotravel
By hellotravel,
in

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a 4* room CPS or MTW or even MTE from MAR 10-13

I have tried bidding twice on PL and went as high at 175$ with no luck. From what I can see, I should be able to find a room for about 120 or 140.

I suspect that I'm having trouble getting a successful bid because I have a weekday (Thursday night) mixed in with my weekend days (FRI,SAT)

Should I consider breaking up my bid into weekday & weekend? Any other advice would be welcomed.

Thanks!

I have tried bidding twice on PL and went as high at 175$ with no luck. From what I can see, I should be able to find a room for about 120 or 140

Evidently not based upon current rates :)

You can try splitting your bid, but for a bit more i think you can succeed and 'choose' what are almost likely the following (for your complete stay):

HOTWIRE has the Millenium UN (4* rated by Priceline) for $181/nite.

Also available (click link of each) are the Fitzpatrick Manhattan and the Fitzpatrick Grand Central. Neither of these have ever come upon Priceline or Hotwire, but the reviews i have seen of each have been quite good: Manhattan REVIEW and Grand Central REVIEW.

If you instead choose to split you bid let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to try.

Let us know what you decide to do and if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]