Priceline Hotel: 5* Frankfurt (West) Marriott Frankfurt

XT600
By XT600,
in

• 3 months later...

I won a room in Marriott Frankfurt in May 2009 for $65 bidding on 5* West for a stay last night (09/07-09/08)

When I printed the confirmation I saw that now priceline shows this hotel as 4* online (as it was some time ago already).

How does this come? I buy a 5* hotel but at the time I stay priceline qualifies this as 4* officially on their website?

I asked them for 100% refund as I feel cheated!!

I asked them for 100% refund...

What was their response? PRICELINE has been known to cancel/refund reservations when the star rating is lowered before the stay, but i don't think it's realistic to use the room and then expect a full refund after the fact.

Thanks for the update to the Priceline Hotel List.

Let us know how it ultimately works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

unfortunately I noticed this only 1 day before departure when printing out the confirmation.... was anyway a excellent deal for a Marriott Hotel during the week (was quite booked last night and we got "upgrade" to executive level but w/o the privelleges to access the lounge :) ... this is quite unnormal because all the recent Marriott upgrades in Germany or US enabled us to access the lounge area.....

Priceline cannot reply by email and ask me to call ... this sounds like a special case they don't want to find as "general" rule in any forum entry :)

Too bad, since at 4*, Marriott is competing with Moevenpick, and their rates are much lower. The hotel is a much different standard, too. I cannot figure how PRICELINE puts those two hotels in the same star category.

I've also been in Moevenpick... hotel is newer and very nice ... however it misses the Marriott beds and Sauna/Jacuzzi which is big plus of the Marriott. "Roomwise" I'd rate the Moevenpick much better and for the 45 USD in any case this is the better deal (40EUR total)

I've also been in Moevenpick... hotel is newer and very nice ... however it misses the Marriott beds and Sauna/Jacuzzi which is big plus of the Marriott. "Roomwise" I'd rate the Moevenpick much better and for the 45 USD in any case this is the better deal (40EUR total)

Sorry, I'd have to disagree. I"ve stayed at both, although it's been about two years at the Moevenpick. I much prefer the Marriott. More polished feel, nicer beds, better service in my opinion. I'd pay a few extra dollars for the Marriott.

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]