Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help Requested

Neelee
By Neelee,
in

Hello,

Hoping for suggested strategy for our short stay in DC. Just read all the hotel reviews and various wins. I think a 3.5* would suit our needs and hoping to stay under $100 / night.

In looking at the map looks like White House or Convention Center would be ideal.

If I did a 3.5 for WH or CC, my free rebid zones are DC Suburbs - Northeast Area (3*) & Mount Vernon (2*)

I suppose if I went up to 4* for either of those areas, I'd have 3 - 3.5*, 1 - 3* and 1 - 2*. However the likely hood of getting a 4* near $100/night seems very low.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you

Some of the reviews I've read indicated they wanted one bed but ended up with two doubles or queens.
There are also exaples of where the opposite is true... while it's ok to hope for the best, you need to consider all scenarios and how you would be able to deal/manage with a 'worst case scenario' situation (which in this example isn't too far fetched, imo)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and if you didn't, please note as per our support page that we're an affiliate of Hotels.com, please use the links in the support page for your hotel direct purchases)

Where, and how much, is your back-up?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update...we decided not to chance a room w/o two beds, so we booked a room with Hotels.com.

I'm not usually a weenie about using PRICELINE, but I just didn't want to take that chance in such a popular area. I've always received two beds in all the other places I've bid with P/L but this time I'm not traveling alone.

Thank you every one for your help.

Happy travels!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]