Advantage Car Rental

nyfirefly11
By nyfirefly11,
in

I have a reservation with Alamo for PBI 5/17-5/20, but I was thinking about bidding for a cheaper price. The problem is Advantage is now in the mix, and I wonder if they're coming up in name your own price (they're currently the cheapest price on the regular part of the site).

I don't know much about them, except that they're now owned by Hertz. I wonder how good the vehicles are at this point, and whether they might come up if I bid.

Any thoughts?

The problem is Advantage is now in the mix, and I wonder if they're coming up in name your own price (they're currently the cheapest price on the regular part of the site).

How are you determining that Advantage is now "part of the mix"... based upon them appearing on the 'retail' side of PRICELINE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know of anyone who has received Advantage thru 'bidding' for a car... i saw the Priceline Car Rental thread you're referring to and had questioned if the user received thru bidding or thru the retail side of their site. Given the price was not a whole number (ie- $8.83) i suspected that it was purchased thru the retail side of their side and not the "name your own price" side; but unfortunately the OP of that thread didn't confirm.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ah, good to know...hmm, so maybe I'll take my chances and see what comes up.

I don't know of anyone who has received Advantage thru 'bidding' for a car... i saw the Priceline Car Rental thread you're referring to and had questioned if the user received thru bidding or thru the retail side of their site. Given the price was not a whole number (ie- $8.83) i suspected that it was purchased thru the retail side of their side and not the "name your own price" side; but unfortunately the OP of that thread didn't confirm.

I recently rented a car direct from Advantage (none of my PRICELINE bids were being accepted and I ran out of time) because they were the cheapest around. I had been unhappy with the quality of cars from name brand agencies and decided to take a chance. I went for the 3rd cheapest level (Intermediate?) and was very pleasantly surprised. The car was a Nissan Altima and very nice. Other agencies have almost new cars, but they feel cheap and very used. This car really felt new.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]