Hotwire car rental

wallbounce
By wallbounce,
in

When I searched outside a major city with weekday return, Hotwire showed me the car rental agency and non-airport locations. I was given daily rates, agency, and locations that matched information on the agency website. Instead of being charged, I was able to make a standard reservation with the agency via Hotwire.

Example: Comparing San Francisco, CA Car Rental Options (sorry if this information is already in the forum):

Compact Car

San Francisco, CA

Fri-Mon (3 days)

Hotwire hot Rate: Agency Unknown

Daily rate: $33.95

Estimated total: $151.66

Why are Hotwire hot Rates special?

* You're guaranteed a car from a major car-rental agency: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar (International only), Hertz, or National.

* You save big because you agree to learn the name of the car rental company after you book. Once you make your booking, we immediately complete your reservation and show you the rental agency name and details.

Know before you go

* Your account will be charged at the time of booking for the full rental amount, including all tax recovery charges and fees.

* The rental agency will require a credit card or debit/check card in the primary driver's name. Sufficient credit must be available for a deposit. Funds used for debit card deposits cannot be accessed until the car is returned. Amount of available credit required depends on car type, rental period, and optional items.

* Bringing you rock-bottom priced rental cars means bookings are final (no refunds, no changes, non-transferable).

* You will have the option to add additional drivers to your contract at the rental counter for an additional charge.

Specific Rental Agency Rate

Daily rate: $35.49 (higher than hot Rate)

Estimated total: $117.27 (lower than hot Rate total)

Know before you go

* Your account will not be charged for this reservation. Rental charges will be billed by the agency when you return the car.

* Reservations may be cancelled at any time without penalty.

* The rental agency will require a credit card in the primary driver's name. Sufficient credit must be available for a deposit. Amount of available credit required depends on car type, rental period, and optional items. Rental agency does not accept debit/check cards for deposit.

* You will have the option to add additional drivers to your contract at the rental counter for an additional charge.

Since the reservation price for my desired car rental was the same as quoted on the agency website, I booked the following through Hotwire:

Compact Car

Colma, CA

Fri-Mon (3 days)

Booking rules

* Rental charges are billed by the agency when you return the car. Reservations may be cancelled at any time without penalty by visiting My Account. Review our Terms of Use for more information.

Summary of costs

Rental Agency: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Car daily rate: $19.99

Rental days: 3

Subtotal: $59.97

Estimated taxes and fees: $5.91

Estimated total*:$65.88

*Estimated total is based on the agency's published rates, taxes, and fees. Enterprise will bill you when you return the car.

When HOTWIRE doesn't have a "hot rate" (ie- opaque, where the name of the rental company isn't shown before purchase) fare available, they will show 'regular retail' rates which are available for the criteria you searched upon.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]