Priceline Hotel: Need room in NYC May 27-30

pmenon
By pmenon,
in

Hi everyone,

I need a hotel room in NYC for 3 nights, from May 27-30. I would prefer to be in the ESB/midtown area, but not too far away from that. I would also consider being in Long Island City. Being near a subway stop is essential. As for star rating, I don't really need anything fancy; a stay at a place like a Courtyard Marriott, Hampton Inn or Doubletree are just fine for me.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Oops, I should add that Im trying to stay at a maximum bid of $150 per night. I'm really not going to be spending a lot of time in the room, and just need a comfy bed to crash on at the end of the night.

I've looked around and there appears to have been some really awesome wins for the Doubletree Chelsea, as well as the Hampton Inn Times Square North, both of which I would be really happy with.

I need a hotel room in NYC for 3 nights, from May 27-30. I would prefer to be in the ESB/midtown area, but not too far away from that... Being near a subway stop is essential.
Exactly which "midtown" zones are you willing to accept? Note that at the 3.5* level MTE has the Millenium UN, which while a nice hotel, is about a 15 minute walk to the subway, would you consider this close enough?
I've looked around and there appears to have been some really awesome wins for the Doubletree Chelsea, as well as the Hampton Inn Times Square North, both of which I would be really happy with.
We often suggest trying for a slightly higher hotel than you think you're going to need... while there may be some hotels at the lower star ratings which satisfy your needs, there may be some which do not, and with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you don't get to choose which type you will get :) Does trying for a 3* hotel seem like a good start to strike a balance between quality and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please confirm the minimum star rating you desire, as well as the zones (by PRICELINE name) you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I did read about the Millenium, and the fact that its not close to a subway stop kills it for me :) . As far as zones go, I would like to be in the Chelsea/MSG/ESB/MTE/Times Square areas ... less prefer the UWS, UES, Central Park areas, etc. And yes, I would want a 3* rating minimum :)

I would like to be in the Chelsea/MSG/ESB/MTE/Times Square areas ... less prefer the UWS, UES, Central Park areas, etc.

Actually, you don't want to bid MTE since you're not willing to accept the Millenium UN, correct?

Did you want to bid the Chelsea, MSG, ESB, and TS zones first up to your limit before considering UWS, UES and/or Central Park?

Also, are you not interested in the CPS zone or MTW zones? (these are generally convenient and close to subways, but note the Hudson in the CPS has notoriously small rooms... fine for some while not acceptable to others)

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to confirm you're looking for a 3.5* hotel in the Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTW, Times Square zones with a maximum bid of $150. (there are currently no 3.5* hotels in the Chelsea zone)

If the above is correct, i would try as follows...

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MSG, MTW, TS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* ESB...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MSG, ESB, MTW, TS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Just wanted to come back and provide an update that I decided to book a private apartment through another service. Found that Im going to be quite busy over the next few weeks, and wanted to get my bookings out of the way.

Thanks for all the assistance ! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]