Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) Moevenpick

Maleficent
By Maleficent,
in

Hello all,

A little advice please on a bidding strategy? Started off with $60 which immediately came back with a counter offer of $93, which I rejected. This is for 4*, I'm not really willing to go down to a 3* unless I really have to. $93 is stretching it a bit. I should also let you know that unfortunately my dates are not flexible - seeing Muse on the 19th.

I can't bid on the North zone so not really sure where to go from here apart from waiting. Some help would be greatly appreciated! I also started the process with your PRICELINE link.

M

$60 is just way to low. The lowest we are seeing now is in that $69-$75 range. Unless you run into a bad weekend or a big conference. Weekends can be a bit more expensive that week day.

If you are getting a CO of $93 that should mean a win somewhere between $60 and $93.

I'd be starting around $70 and hoping to get a win at or before $75 if it were me. By $80 for sure. If over $80 then you have really run into a bad patch. (the only win I see for your dates is the Wed ($74) )

The 3* in AMS is a black hole. It has been ages and ages and ages since I have seen a 3* win. Have no clue as to the prices have no clue as to the hotels you might get at a 3*.

Stick with 4* is my advice.

Thanks. I asked on the topic on Trip Advisor and the advice was similar. I'm up to $69 and it keeps offering me the $93 deal, must be getting closer. I'll update the topic if/when I win.

$74 is your most likely break point based on previous reports.

We all rely on each other for information.

Please do your part to keep BetterBidding the best place to research Priceline bids:

1. Remember to start your bidding with the BB PRICELINE link.

2. When you win, post your results here so others can learn from your experience.

3. If you had to do rebids or have bidding tips, pass them along when you can.

THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

A win for the Moevenpick at $85/n - June 17 - June 21.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $85.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Room Subtotal: $340.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $50.84 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $390.84 (USD)

I was very lucky, apparently there's a huge conference that weekend but I couldn't change my dates due to a concert. Very pleased and relieved.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]