By solosf,
in

Getting discouraged on getting a 4* in NYC for 4/21 to 4/24

Here are my failed bids (my target zone is downtown/soho/FinDist):

$145 DT/Soho/FD

$155 added MTS

$165 added MTE

$175 added MTW

I realize I have one more free bid (UWS) but saving it till I decide whether to bid $190 then calling it quits for a 4*, or hoping more inventory gets added tomorrow and someone else gets lucky (and posts).

Thanks

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the W New York (on the east side) for $159/nite... so there is a 4* hotel within your price range, but the reviews are not very good :)

The Sheraton Russell also seems to be available for $172/nite. It's listed as a 3.5* property but i'd put it at the upper range of that class and the REVIEWS are very good.

It may be a bit early (in my opinion) to forgo your priceline 4* bidding (book a cancellable back-up if you decide to continue trying). If you'd like help with a 3* priceline strategy let us know... if you chooose the Sheraton Russel mentioned above (or the W New York) please use the HOTWIRE link at the beginning if this post.

Good Luck and let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the alternatives and advice, much appreciated. Surprised at those bad reviews for the W. I might have jumped at that (on hotwire) if not for them.

Looks like April 21 might be a problem date based on seeing others get MTW for $110 for 4/22 and on, so I may end up splitting my bid as 21 + 22-24. For now, I have a standby, just in case.

Will post again when I do finally get a winning bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]