Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Airport MCO) Hyatt Regency

rmcdonne
By rmcdonne,
in

I've been trying to book the Hyatt Regency for a Saturday night in June at the Orlando International Airport. I'm planning a trip to Disney World and since I'll be flying all day and won't get in until early evening, I've decided to rest up for one night before heading off to Disney World. I've stayed at the Hyatt Orlando before and I've really enjoyed my stay there, plus it's so convenient being right there at the airport -- I don't even need to wait for a shuttle.

I know there are only two 4-star hotels at Orlando International Airport -- the Hyatt Regency and the Renaissance Hotel. While I really wouldn't mind the Renaissance, I really would prefer the convenience of the Hyatt. As this site has advised, they both contain the exact same amenity icons: Shuttle, Gym, Swimming, Restaurant, Business Center, and Hi-Speed Internet.

I haven't tested this theory myself yet, but I wanted to share a little about what I've learned from this Better Bidding Forum, as well as from time spent checking Hotwire for the past couple of weeks.

First, a couple of days ago, it appears that the Renaissance Hotel listing seems now to be updated to be "Recommended in 85% of customer reviews" whereas the Hyatt Regency now appears to be "Recommended in 90% of customer reviews." A few days ago, they both were at 90%, so you need to check more than just this one fact.

Second, as others on this site have noted, when you click on "details" it appears that the Trip Advisor rating listed for Hyatt Regency is 4 and a half Stars, whereas the Renaissance Hotel Trip Advisor rating is only 4 stars.

Third, when you're searching Hotwire under the default search of only two adults, it appears to me that the Hyatt Regency will not appear in your search results if you are MORE than 30 days away from your desired hotel stay. From my experience, when it's MORE than 30 days away, your search will likely only produce the Renaissance Hotel as a result (generally at the price of $55).

As another poster noted, the only way I've gotten Hyatt to appear MORE than 30 days in advance, is if you change the number of people in your search from only

• 2 weeks later...

Well put! I follow these steps exactly and it has worked for me several times over the past 2 years. It's a little harder to get the night before a Disney cruise (Wed, Fri and Sat nights) but checking daily and often, it will often show up. Now even the Costco discount rate of $119 seems high. Can't beat the location and convenience.

Great tips, thanks! I'm looking forward to a pre-cruise night in January 2011, and I'd probably be willing to pay a bit more with HOTWIRE compared to PRICELINE if I can be relatively sure I'm going to get the Hyatt, where there's a registration desk for the Disney Cruise Line. But since I'm way too soon, I'll keep my eyes peeled for rating changes for these 2 hotels and get back on track in December!

I saw some good wins for the Hyatt with PRICELINE, but there's too much 3,5* in the area and the added value of avoiding the registration at the terminal is worth a few bucks more, I'm not THAT cheap! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow up on my own post by saying that last week I finally found success in booking the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport through this Better Bidding Forum on HOTWIRE. I ended up booking for one night on June 12th for $49.

I was still having trouble finding the Hyatt Regency on the date I wanted. When I would search for a 4* Hotel in the Orlando Airport area, I still was only getting a result for what I'm guessing is the Renaissance Hotel (4*, same amenities as Hyatt Regency: Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business). Why I thought it was Renaissance is because the Recommended % was 85% (instead of what is usually the 90% for Hyatt). Also, when I'd click on Details, the Trip Advisor rating was only 4 full circles recommended, instead of the 4 and a half full circles which I thought would appear for the Hyatt Regency.

The only way to get the Hyatt Regency (4*, 90% Recommend, Trip Advisor rating of 4 and a half circles) to even appear in HOTWIRE was to change the default search from only 2 adults to 3 or more persons (can be 2 adults and 1 child, or 1 adult and 2 children). For some reason, that allows the Hyatt Regency result to be shown. Unfortunately, it was still showing it at a rate of around $149 to $153 less than 4 weeks out. I checked back every day until finally at about 2 weeks out, it finally showed a discounted rate of $49.

Summary

Orlando Airport (MCO) Hotel, 4*, 90% Recommended, Trip Advisor Rating of 4 and half green circles (under details) with the amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. $49 for June 12th.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]