Priceline Hotel: Require bidding help for Doubletree (only)

hello101
By hello101,
in

Hi,

Im really looking for some help.

Im wanting to get the Doubletree in downtown washington dc from the 27th June-23rd July.

I am willing to go up to $85 per night as with tax that works out at $100 per night.

The problem is I see that some people are getting the doubletree and some are getting the westin(dont really want it)

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to go about getting it?

Thanks very much for any help

In all honesty for that kind of extended stay, you may want to call the hotel? perhaps they can give you a special rate? I mean you are providing business there for a month. I will research the influx of prices over your dates, this may be why your initial bids did not get a reaction.

The sub-$100 bids are likely won during periods of low occupancy, given the length of your stay, there are likely some higher demand dates in there, which are going to increase the amount needed for a successful bid. As well, hit one date within the range where the hotel is sold-out and/or has offered no inventory to the opaque suppliers, than you don't have a chance of acceptance (at that hotel at least) for the entire date range.

Is $90 your absolute maximum bid? (if so, what is your gamplan if not successful at this pricepoint) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess I would be thinking up to $100 for a 3.5.

I am currently looking at $130 direct from carlyle suites, which means i know what I would get so I think $100 without knowing would be my maximum.

I would be willing to split the dates if it means getting a cheaper deal...or even just getting a deal

At the 3.5* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Dupont Circle...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zoen...

Bid $93, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* White House...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zoen...

Bid $93, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Dupont Circle White House...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zoen...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi guys,

I thought I would just update this thread.

I managed to get the A classic King size suite for the 26 nights at a much discounted price thanks to the kind people at the desk. Not only did I get a discount but they upgraded my room as Im staying so long.

Just wanted to say thanks very much to you for all of your help and advice. You have been great for all of my purchases through here.

Thanks Very much!!!! :)

Yhey gave me $130 per night as a special. its a full suite with kitchen

Told you calling the hotel was a better idea LOL! I used to work in the hotel business and a stay like that is basically a giant gift to the hotel and usually they are willing to accomodate at much better rates than what is posted. Granted will that rate stand in a one on one match with our PRICELINE the answer is most likely not, but it will be reasonable enough knowing with a peace of mind that it is a specific hotel. I must warn you though these rate drops typically only happen with long stays so I do not suggest bartering with the front desk for a two night stay lol!

When I called them last time the sales manager said they couldnt help so I booked their 30 night deal. however this time they were much more helpful.

Thanks loads for your advise. I feel much better knowing where the hotel is and what it is like.

Llike I said before, thanks to everyone who gave advise for this. I really really really appreciate all the help!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]