Priceline Hotel: 4* USE/Embarcadero Westin St. Francis - $65

jopctjo
By jopctjo,
in

I called the front desk to ask them for a 2 double bed room, but the lady was being very difficult since she mentioned that I booked through "priceline" She was even reluctant to put it down as a request.

On the contrary, my stay at the Hyatt Regency (also a 4* in USE - Em.) was wonderful. They did not treat me a like a second class citizen b/c I booked through priceline. In fact, they put me on the 12th floor with a wonderful view of the bay.

Thanks for sharing your results with the rest of us!

I've figured out that this hotel is in San Franciso, but could you mention the sub-zone within SF? (union square east, convention center, downtown, etc?)

Regarding the bed request, wait a few days/hours and call again. If the front desk clerk sounds like the same person when you call back, just ask some irrelevant question (like "do you have a pool" or "do you charge for parking", etc) and try again another time.

THANKS!... and welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi jopctjo,

Many PL users in the Starwood forum on FlyerTalk have reported mixed results at this property. As thereuare suggests, a subsequent call may do the trick.

Here's a suggestion: If you're not already a member, join the Starwood frequent guest program, which is called Starwood Preferred Guest (you can do so instantly at their website, http://www.spg.com - you will be issued a membership number online).

Once you have your number, call the hotel and tell them you "want to add your SPG number to your reservation so that you can get credit for incidental charges". During this call, you can once again request your bedding preference.

The St. Francis is a great historical hotel built in 1904. It survived the 1906 earthquake intact but was gutted by fire in the subsequent blaze and was immediately rebuilt. Trivia: If you go out the side door on the Post Street side, that is the exact spot where Manson follower Sara Jane Moore tried to assasinate President Gerald Ford in 1974 (thankfully, a bystander grabbed her arm and made her miss).

Hi Welldone Rumproast,

Thanks for the tips. I already did what you mentioned the day after the reservation. Even though I got a different person, but I still got the same response: Priceline requests cannot get a room with 2 double beds. I guess I just have to try my luck when I check in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying at the Westin St. Francis next week (bought through Priceline) and called to give them my Starwood # and they wouldn't even take it over the phone. She said to give it to them when I check in! Our company just switched to Starwood as our vendor of choice and we travel to S.F. a lot. Usually stay at the Hyatt but when the Westin S.F. came up I thought it would be a good chance to give Starwood a try. I hope they don't give me a hard time because then when I go back to S.F. on business I won't want to stay there again (and of course my employer will be questioning why I'm not using our approved vendor).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]