Priceline Hotel: NYC 3/11-3/14

kstewa3
By kstewa3,
in

Hi,

My girlfriend and I will be visiting NYC from 3/11 (Friday) through 3/14 (Monday). We'd like to stay in a 4* hotel, preferrably in central or south central midtown, though MTE and MTW are acceptable. We'd like to bid no more than $160 night (that's $160 for the bid, with the understanding that a winning $160 bid will carry an additional $25 or so in taxes). I notice that Hotwire has a 4* available for $171/night, but I'd really like to stay at $160 or less. Any tips on how to proceed?

Thanks.

If the MTE and MTW zones are less expensive, did you want to try them first, or is price less important and you would rather exhaust your UM/CPS chances first?

Also, please talk about the zones as Priceline defines them, as i'm not sure what 'south central midtown' is... i'm guessing this is not the MTS zone as Priceline's MTS zone does extend quite far south into areas i would know longer consider to be midtown.

Please clarify each of the above and we'll tailor a strategy to your preferences.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great, thanks for you help. Sorry about the zones thing. If MTE and MTW are cheaper, then, yes, my desire to save money is greater than my desire to stay in UM/CPS. The essential criteria are that the hotel is 4*, it is somewhere in Midtown, and my bid does not exceed $160.

thanks again.

You have 2 re-bid zones when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not sure of your re-bid zones please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask any questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120.

If rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW and MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $145.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW and MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $155.

I don't think success is likely until the $140's+, but i would try the lower bids none-the-less. If all the above is rejected, wait 72 hours and increase each bid by $5 to get to your $160 limit.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes each step of the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I did. On 3/11 we'll be staying at the W Hotel on 541 Lexington, and I paid $159 (pre-tax). I believe this was the list of amenities, as listed on Hotwire:

Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Spa Services, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center.

From 3/12- 3/14 we'll be staying at the Millennium at UN Plaza for $162/night. I think this was the amenities list, but I can't be 100% certain:

Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center.

Please start a new thread with the W Hotel win and we'll edit this one to reflect the Millenium UN win... this way each will be shown accurately in the hotel title of each and users looking for each hotel will be able to find them by scanning the topic titles.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]