AZ- Phoenix full size, March 7-12, 2005

faron
By faron,
in

Looking to rent a car for family of four, so trying to stay away from smallest vehicles. Would love SUV for 5 days but don't want to pay that much. Prices seem high, but I haven't rented in a while. May have to downsize to an economy, as rates jump quick with bigger classes. Will look around for my various discount options. Will post again when I've made my best deal.

Thanks - I tried the tool, and other spots on the web. Didn't want to have to cab it off airport to save on airport charges (will have the kids, didn't want the hassle), didn't want to go as small as a compact or economy, but didn't want to spend over $ 200 for a five day rental if I could avoid it. Neither Hotwire nor the link from here would get anything less than about 38 a day, or about 295 total.

I read on one of the boards (here or maybe Fodors') that Dollar had good prices. Went directly to their website and booked the following (which is cheaper than Dollar's quote on either Expedia or Orbitz).

I'll keep checking Hotwire and make a lowball PL bid before I go, but I don't expect better than this rate.

Pickup Location: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport-PHX/In-terminal/PHOENIX, AZ

Return Location: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport-PHX/In-terminal/PHOENIX, AZ

Pickup Date/Time: MAR 07, 2005 @ 3:00 PM

Return Date/Time: MAR 12, 2005 @ 3:00 PM

Vehicle Type: Intermediate ( Dodge Stratus or similar )

Currency: U.S. Dollar

YOUR RATE IS: 5 Days at $24.99 per day. Unlimited mileage.

Base Rate: $124.95

Taxes, Surcharges And Fees:

FACILITY CHARGE: $22.50

APT CONC RECOV FEE: $16.38

VEHICLE LICENSE FEE: $8.19

STATE TAX: $16.55

COUNTY STADIUM TAX: $5.32

=================================

Total Estimated Charges: $193.89

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]