Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Savannah (Historic District) Springhill Suites Downtown

LizaM
By LizaM,
in

Hi There,

First time user to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE!!

Looking for a 3.5 star hotel in Savannah Historic Distric for May 22 - 24. My friend really wants to stay at the Hilton Savannah Desoto but I feel sick to my stomach paying $400 US for the 2 nites on the Hilton site! Noticed that someone on the site got the Desoto for $65/nite so I called the hotel to see if they would match the price - they said they would but it would be a smoking room. Would I be able to book it and then change to non-smoking on arrival?

Noticed that some of the hotels in the 3.5 star category don't have pools either and that would be nice to have as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Liza

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Did you call the hotel and ask them to match a PRICELINE rate? I'm a little surprised they would match a PRICELINE rate, but if they did note it would be for a smoking room, I would think it would be difficult to change at check-in. In terms of the Hilton, there is no way to guarantee getting a particular property when bidding on PRICELINE.

If you are looking for a hotel with a pool, a better option would be to use HOTWIRE to look for a listing with a pool icon.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply AaronJB!

Yes, I was surprised that they would match the price as well but disappointed to hear that it would be a smoking room. Decided to book the hotel on their website for the Sunday - a lot cheaper - then will use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE to book a room for the Saturday nite. Then everyone is happy!!

Thanks again!

Liza =)

Thanks for letting us know what you decided to do for the Sunday nite of this stay. Please note from our support page that we are an affiliate of the Hilton brands... if you didn't, please check for and use the links in our support page for your hotel direct purchases.

If you need help with the remaining Saturday nite of your stay please continue this thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to spend a bit of time securing the Saturday nite! Was debating whether to spend a night in Hilton Head Island but decided to spend the Saturday nite in Savannah so we can spend all day Sunday wandering around!

Earlier this week, used the PRICELINE link to bid up to $85 for 3* Historic District with no luck.

Tonight, I bid $90 for 3* Historic District and was rejected. Added re-bid zone and bid $100 but was rejected again. Added another re-bid zone and bid $105 but was rejected again.

Decided to drop down to the 2.5* as all seemed to have good customer reviews. Bid $65 for 2.5* for Historic Downtown and was give a counter-offer to increase by $15. Opened up another PRICELINE window and added another re-bid zone with a bid of $70 and was given a counter-offer to increase the bid by $15. I am getting tired so just went back to the $65 + $15 counter offer and bid $80 and FINALLY WON!! :) So nice to see what the win screen looks like!!

The winning hotel is the SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District. It is a Marriott property and the website says it is a brand new hotel that opened in the fall of 2009. Their site also lists the cheapest room as $119 for this date - so I am happy!

Thanks for your help and my new addiction to PRICELINE! :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay settled and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE link on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy this leg of your trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the trip - had an awesome time! The SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District hotel was my favourite of all the ones we stayed at!! Everything looked brand new and was the trendiest hotel I have ever seen - similar to ones I stayed at in Germany. Free continental breakfast was amazing, super friendly staff and great location. Would recommend for anyone looking for a hotel in Savannah - liked it better than the Hilton deSoto that we stayed at the next nite.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Liza :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]