Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton New York

azpt
By azpt,
in

I already tried bidding up to $120 with the two free rebid zones. I would like to book a 4 star hotel in MTW .... no other zones acceptable at this time. Our back up hotel is the Comfort Inn Midtown (2*) for about $137 a night. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Can not re-bid until Thursday morning.

I'm doubtful you'll be successful only bidding the MTW zone (you're chances increase if you also add the MTE zone... but not knowing your plans i don't know if this is a feasible option for you at this point). To stick with the MTW zone only i would bid as follows:

You have two re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're unsure of your re-bid zones please ask for help and/or confirm them with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $150.

You can also increase your bid amount by $5 instead of $10 and bid over 2 different bidding cycles.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

rejected bidding MTW and free rebid zones up to $160. Would be willing to go to a 3* or even add MTE if it would increase our chances in the same price range. We're reserved the comfort inn because of its location and over all would not be a bad place to stay but want to get a nicer hotel without spending much more money. Thanks for you help and advice.

Select 4* MTE

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and re-bid zone2..

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $160.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We ended up splitting our bid and were successful with a $110 bid in MTW for 4/22 - 4/26 at the Hilton NY. Tried to bid for 4/20 - 4/22 up to $120 with free rebids but were rejected. Can you suggest anywhere we can reserve the Hilton through at a discounted rate?? If not we'll have to stay at our back up (Comfort Inn - Midtown).

We've bid up to $158 in the MTW zones for 4/20 - 4/22 using free rebid zones and waiting the 72 hr period a couple of times with no luck. Should I just wait a couple of weeks before bidding again. Max bid at this point would be $170 considering our back up hotel is only $130 but then again it is only a two star. Thanks for all your help!! :)

Once a week should be sufficient... gives you a chance at success if something opens up, but also doesn't drive you crazy with rejections.

Please start a new thread for the balance of your dates so that we can follow those dates, and and accurately reflect the hotel won in the thread title (assuming it will be different than the title of this thread).

Thanks.

About two weeks ago I got a room at the HIlton in NYC for $100 on a Tuesday night, just as the gates opened in Central Park. Was this a fluke? I travel every two weeks to NYC and was hoping to repeat the experience. I can wait until the last minute to bid, this is probably best for me as appts change or the weather is uncooperative this time of year. At any rate was wondering if anyone more experience could shed some light on a possible strategy for seeing the inside of the Hilton on a regular basis at that price. Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post your win as a new topic along with the dates of your stay as well as your bidding sequence.

For help on your upcoming stay please post the actual dates of your stay in a new post as well.

The above is to help keep the board a bit more organized.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]