Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park-Baker Street) Marriott Regents Park

valencia
By valencia,
in

The bidding history for this one nighter started low at $69, adding zones, getting counteroffers continuously which I ignored. The couteroffers ranged and stayed constant from $95-$138, depending on the zones. I had gotten up to $90 in Mayfair/westminster, $85 in Kensington, Bloomsbury, Regents Park.

But I also forget to STOP adding Regents Park as I raised my bid, as it is not my favorite zone ( for distance) and unless I was saving a lot.. was not that interested... and in fact.. remembered later that I usually never even bid this area and meant to add Bloomsbury at $87.

So.. a long story short.. got carried away, and my second day of bidding I was awarded this hotel which although it sounds very nice, I have really put myself at the end of the city !! I will just deal with it.

The cheapest available for those dates as of today is $201.00. o it definitely was a good deal.

I don't know why I was in such a hurry to finalize my accommodations on this July trip! My mind MIGHT have been clearer a few days distance from the first day bidding frenzy. Lesson learned, I hope!

If anyone knows anyplace REALLy nice nearby for a meal or breakfast, do let me know!

I used the PRICELINE link here.

• 3 months later...

To just add after our stay that I would LOVE to win this hotel again. It is near a tube stop AND several buses. There is a fabulous municipal gym/pool/ wellness center with climbing wall across the street. Had a wonderful organic, fresh breakfast at a place attached to the wellness center. Beautiful residential neighborhood and very peaceful. A delightful respite. This hotel also has larger than normal rooms. For this quick trip it was not the most convenient, but then again, we were talking about a couple tube tops. The pluses outweighed these extra tube stops by far!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]