ATLanta to Germany - VERY flexible

urapnes
By urapnes,
in

My Girlfriend lives in Hamburg and I want to try and visit her this Spring/Summer, but of course the price is through the roof in July, and only moderately cheaper in June and late May. Best I see around July 4th is close to $1100, Memorial Day Weekend Departure I see to Berlin for under $600, and Hamburg and Frankfurt is a couple-hundred more, give or take.

I'm VERY flexible on when and where. I would prefer to go from End of May through July or even August, and I can fly to Hamburg, Frankfurt, or Berlin.

The best fare to Berlin is connecting through JFK on Delta as this is a new route for them.

If I choose to bid on Priceline, can someone give me some guidelines as to what I should look to bid?

Ideally departure from ATL would be either May 27th (returning June 4th or 5th), or July 1 (returning within a week or so).

Thanks for any help!

PS - It really bites that I could have flown for under $300 if I went before February, but who the heck wants to be there in Winter?! She doesn't even want to be there then.

The summer Europe market has become tough of late. Last summer, there were almost no reasonable fares. My guess is the same thing will happen this summer. The only thing you can do is keep your eyes and ears open for a deal, and keep checking the prices. The best peak season deals are usually from the Northeast, and usually NYC, so it may pay to watch those fares and pay the add-on if it's cheaper.

I have heard of the occassional super transatlantic deal on priceline. But it's worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack. You could just make it a habit to bid $300 every week (I'd pick ATL-FRA for the best odds) and hope for the best. You could also monitor the deals on hotwire, but the odds are against you finding anything interesting.

It's just a very tough summer market.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]