Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE - Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

jezzdogg
By jezzdogg,
in

This is my first time on this site so correct me if I am wrong.

I just bid 75 dollars for a 4 star Hotel in USE on Priceline and they came back and said if I up by bid 22dollars I would have a room available for both nights. Should I do this?

Also when to Hotwire and they had a 4 star for 112 dollars (would acc be 130 with all the taxes, etc. Amenties where Restaurants(s), Fitness, Business Center would that be a better way to go and what hotel do you think it would be

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can do better than $97....

Priceline offering you to up your bid is what we refer to as a counter-offer, and they can almost always be under-cut. This is discussed in this thread: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO PAY.

You should use your re-bid zones to systematically increase your bid. Re-biddng is discussed in this thread: PRICELINE 72 HOURS which you should read and ask any questions you may have. When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have 5 such re-bid zones... you're encouraged to read the above thread and confirm your re-bid zones with the board in order to avoid any mistakes. You didn't provide the dates of your stay, so i have to assume that rates are 'typical' (provide them and we'll provide a more 'sure' strategy). Assuming the bid above was your fist bid, this is how i woudl proceed:

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone1...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $85.

We won't use the 5th re-bid zone because i believe you'll be successful with one of the above. Report back whatever happens and if you're rejected we'll advise on how to continue (but again, we encourage you to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]