CA Los Angeles Radisson Wilshire Plaza Downtown

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Every zone has its dogs. Downtown Los Angeles has the Miyako and this Radisson that get in our way to the nice ones.

The Radisson is well outside of what most people would consider downtown. It's in Koreatown, a good 10-minute drive to the real downtown, or 30 minutes at peak times. Priceline's downtown zone encompasses a very large area, especially if you compare to the multiple divisions of downtown San Francisco.

The Radisson Whilshire Plaza is lackluster and aging. In a couple of years it might be prime to become a Holiday Inn Select. The room was large and had two comfortable full beds; desk; dresser; night stand; iron and board in a large closet. The furniture was typical old-fashioned lifeless hotel stuff. The wallpaper was coming off in several places.

It was noisy. Single-pane windows over busy Whilshire, thin walls, thin door.

There was no High-speed Internet in the room, but free wireless was provided in the lobby.

Parking is valet. Don't know how much. Since I was there on a Saturday night, I just parked on the street. There were plenty of spaces and the meters don't work on Sunday.

There is a fitness center that I saw from the corner of my eye while waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the slow elevators.

The front-desk staff was very friendly despite being visibly overworked.

No additional taxes on checkout.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]