Hotwire Hotel: 4* St Louis (Downtown) Hilton at the Ballpark

paintergirl
By paintergirl,
in

I need 1hotel room for 3 adults 5/6-5/9. I am in town on business that is "South" St. Louis. It looks like there are a lot more options for hotels in near by areas, specifically downtown. I would prefer a 3 1/2 or 4 *. Can someone help me if downtown is a bad commute to travel South? Is parking tough/expensive in downtown? If not, I will start bidding in the downtown location.

Is Hotwire a better option for 3 adults in one room, since you can specify that?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Hopefully somebody more local to the area can comment on the commute from Downtown towards the South, but i'll note that the South zone only contains hotels as high as 3 stars, so if you decide to bid in this zone you'll have to adjust your star quality downward.

You can see some of the hotels reported at each star level in the Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List, then visit the hotel websites to see how much parking is... this should at least give you a general cost for parking in the area.

As PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, for 3 adults HOTWIRE can be a better/safer bet if you want to ensure bedding for everyone you include on your search.

What is your budget for this stay? If you search HOTWIRE for 3adults, does anything appear in any of your desired zone(s) and within your expected budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully somebody more local to the area can comment on the commute from Downtown towards the South, but i'll note that the South zone only contains hotels as high as 3 stars, so if you decide to bid in this zone you'll have to adjust your star quality downward.

You can see some of the hotels reported at each star level in the Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List, then visit the hotel websites to see how much parking is... this should at least give you a general cost for parking in the area.

As PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, for 3 adults HOTWIRE can be a better/safer bet if you want to ensure bedding for everyone you include on your search.

What is your budget for this stay? If you search HOTWIRE for 3adults, does anything appear in any of your desired zone(s) and within your expected budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I decided to go with Hotwire for this hotel, so I can insure I have two beds big enough for 3 adults. I am going to take my chances with the downtown commute so I could have a nicer hotel. It looks as though it will take about 20 minutes to get to where I need to be.

I got 4* hotel for $66 per night. 5/6- 5/9. Amenities were Fitness, Pool, Rest., Biz, Laundry, Internet, and golf. Hilton @ the Ballpark. I called ahead for parking, and they assure me that meters are free on the weekend, and there is 5$ lot next door as well.

I got 4* hotel for $66 per night. (3 adults) 5/6- 5/9. Amenities were Fitness, Pool, Rest., Biz, Laundry, Internet, and golf. Hilton @ the Ballpark. I called ahead for parking, and they assure me that meters are free on the weekend, and there is 5$ lot next door as well.

I think this should work out well.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]