ABIA Austin Fullsize Enterprise

HelenofTroy
By HelenofTroy,
in

Using your HOTWIRE link, I was able to get a full-size @ $14.95 at the Austin Airport from 4/30-5/3. Priceline wasn't working out and I was aiming for under $100 tax included.

Can't believe that the taxes/fees almost equal the car rental price! Is this normal cross country, or is this a TX thing? I just don't remember the extra fees being so high here in Cali!

Thanks for the follow-up.

The taxes for rental cars can be ridiculously expensive!

Local governments often turn toward the rental car companies as a source of needed tax revenue for airport improvements and the like. As most locals will never have a need to rent a car from their local airport location, it's easy to put a measure for a vote before the people who often realize it's a matter of passing a tax onto the out of town visitors who need to rent a car OR have their taxes go up... the rental car tax wins almost all the time :) On top of this, add in PRICELINE / HOTWIRE's booking fee (which is included in the number you're seeing) and the total looks even higher.

Enjoy your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]